(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? To help clear up rampant online speculation, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has posted on its website the official top 10 finalists for nominations for the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards in the outstanding comedy series and drama series categories. The comedy list includes Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, The Office, Pushing Daisies, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, Ugly Betty, and Weeds. Surprising omissions from the comedy list include Desperate Housewives and Scrubs. Family Guy would become the first animated series to be nominated for best comedy. The drama contenders are Boston Legal, Damages, Dexter, Friday Night Lights, Grey’s Anatomy, House, Lost, Mad Men, The Tudors, and The Wire. Surprising drama omissions include Brothers & Sisters, Heroes, The Closer, and Breaking Bad. Step two in the process is the Blue Ribbon Panel screenings, which take place this weekend (June 28-29). The final five nominees in each category will be announced by the Television Academy at 5:40 a.m. on July 17. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Disney 'will one day' make another 'Indiana Jones' movie
- The 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' scene you weren't supposed to see
- Get to know Nashville's most promising outlaw
- Weird Al talks about his worst costume and that time he fell through a stage
- Met Gala: 10 reasons it's more fun for fashion watchers than the Oscars
- Giorgio Moroder releases video for Sia-featuring 'Deja Vu'
- 'Walking Dead' actor arrested for DUI
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!