(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? To help clear up rampant online speculation, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has posted on its website the official top 10 finalists for nominations for the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards in the outstanding comedy series and drama series categories. The comedy list includes Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, The Office, Pushing Daisies, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, Ugly Betty, and Weeds. Surprising omissions from the comedy list include Desperate Housewives and Scrubs. Family Guy would become the first animated series to be nominated for best comedy. The drama contenders are Boston Legal, Damages, Dexter, Friday Night Lights, Grey’s Anatomy, House, Lost, Mad Men, The Tudors, and The Wire. Surprising drama omissions include Brothers & Sisters, Heroes, The Closer, and Breaking Bad. Step two in the process is the Blue Ribbon Panel screenings, which take place this weekend (June 28-29). The final five nominees in each category will be announced by the Television Academy at 5:40 a.m. on July 17. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- David Duchovny on 'Late Show': 'X-Files' revival plans return of Walter Skinner and Smoking Man
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally cancel Indiana show
- 'The Flash': THAT unmasked man on shocking Reverse Flash twist
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!