(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? To help clear up rampant online speculation, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has posted on its website the official top 10 finalists for nominations for the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards in the outstanding comedy series and drama series categories. The comedy list includes Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, The Office, Pushing Daisies, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, Ugly Betty, and Weeds. Surprising omissions from the comedy list include Desperate Housewives and Scrubs. Family Guy would become the first animated series to be nominated for best comedy. The drama contenders are Boston Legal, Damages, Dexter, Friday Night Lights, Grey’s Anatomy, House, Lost, Mad Men, The Tudors, and The Wire. Surprising drama omissions include Brothers & Sisters, Heroes, The Closer, and Breaking Bad. Step two in the process is the Blue Ribbon Panel screenings, which take place this weekend (June 28-29). The final five nominees in each category will be announced by the Television Academy at 5:40 a.m. on July 17. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade