(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? To help clear up rampant online speculation, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has posted on its website the official top 10 finalists for nominations for the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards in the outstanding comedy series and drama series categories. The comedy list includes Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, The Office, Pushing Daisies, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, Ugly Betty, and Weeds. Surprising omissions from the comedy list include Desperate Housewives and Scrubs. Family Guy would become the first animated series to be nominated for best comedy. The drama contenders are Boston Legal, Damages, Dexter, Friday Night Lights, Grey’s Anatomy, House, Lost, Mad Men, The Tudors, and The Wire. Surprising drama omissions include Brothers & Sisters, Heroes, The Closer, and Breaking Bad. Step two in the process is the Blue Ribbon Panel screenings, which take place this weekend (June 28-29). The final five nominees in each category will be announced by the Television Academy at 5:40 a.m. on July 17. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- 'Tomorrowland' leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!