(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? To help clear up rampant online speculation, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has posted on its website the official top 10 finalists for nominations for the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards in the outstanding comedy series and drama series categories. The comedy list includes Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, The Office, Pushing Daisies, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, Ugly Betty, and Weeds. Surprising omissions from the comedy list include Desperate Housewives and Scrubs. Family Guy would become the first animated series to be nominated for best comedy. The drama contenders are Boston Legal, Damages, Dexter, Friday Night Lights, Grey’s Anatomy, House, Lost, Mad Men, The Tudors, and The Wire. Surprising drama omissions include Brothers & Sisters, Heroes, The Closer, and Breaking Bad. Step two in the process is the Blue Ribbon Panel screenings, which take place this weekend (June 28-29). The final five nominees in each category will be announced by the Television Academy at 5:40 a.m. on July 17. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted June 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Austin Mahone shares details of 'more mature' debut record
- Sofia Vergara channels Peg Bundy in Instagram post
- Jimmy Kimmel asks L.A. pedestrians if Barack Obama is a muslim
- Hear the melancholic title track off Patty Griffin's new album 'Servant of Love'
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' queens step into 'Golden Girls' shoes in honor of 30th anniversary
- Amanda Peet says Jon Snow's death ended her marriage (she's kidding)
- Meghan Trainor posts update on vocal surgery recovery
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!