(FROM VARIETY) — Amy Ryan is slated to appear in at least five episodes of NBC’s acclaimed comedy The Office this fall, having appeared in the show’s recent fourth-season finale as a human resources manager and potential love interest for Michael Scott (Steve Carell). Ryan may be best known, however, for the work she’s done in grittier fare: She was a star of HBO’s urban crime saga The Wire, and she received a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination for her portrayal of a mother whose child is kidnapped in 2007’s Gone Baby Gone. ”It’s a funny thing to enter a show that you’re a great fan of — and it’s nice to tell lighter stories,” Ryan said in Variety. ”I love the dark, grittier side of life, but it’s nice to take a break from that, put a skirt on and brush your hair.” The actress previously worked with Carell in last year’s romance Dan in Real Life. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!