(FROM VARIETY) — Amy Ryan is slated to appear in at least five episodes of NBC’s acclaimed comedy The Office this fall, having appeared in the show’s recent fourth-season finale as a human resources manager and potential love interest for Michael Scott (Steve Carell). Ryan may be best known, however, for the work she’s done in grittier fare: She was a star of HBO’s urban crime saga The Wire, and she received a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination for her portrayal of a mother whose child is kidnapped in 2007’s Gone Baby Gone. ”It’s a funny thing to enter a show that you’re a great fan of — and it’s nice to tell lighter stories,” Ryan said in Variety. ”I love the dark, grittier side of life, but it’s nice to take a break from that, put a skirt on and brush your hair.” The actress previously worked with Carell in last year’s romance Dan in Real Life. (Variety)
Posted June 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt