(FROM VARIETY) — Amy Ryan is slated to appear in at least five episodes of NBC’s acclaimed comedy The Office this fall, having appeared in the show’s recent fourth-season finale as a human resources manager and potential love interest for Michael Scott (Steve Carell). Ryan may be best known, however, for the work she’s done in grittier fare: She was a star of HBO’s urban crime saga The Wire, and she received a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination for her portrayal of a mother whose child is kidnapped in 2007’s Gone Baby Gone. ”It’s a funny thing to enter a show that you’re a great fan of — and it’s nice to tell lighter stories,” Ryan said in Variety. ”I love the dark, grittier side of life, but it’s nice to take a break from that, put a skirt on and brush your hair.” The actress previously worked with Carell in last year’s romance Dan in Real Life. (Variety)
Posted June 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trump slams 'Apprentice' producing reports as 'rediculous'
- Lacey Chabert shares her list of Hallmark holiday movie musts
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'