(FROM VARIETY) — Amy Ryan is slated to appear in at least five episodes of NBC’s acclaimed comedy The Office this fall, having appeared in the show’s recent fourth-season finale as a human resources manager and potential love interest for Michael Scott (Steve Carell). Ryan may be best known, however, for the work she’s done in grittier fare: She was a star of HBO’s urban crime saga The Wire, and she received a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination for her portrayal of a mother whose child is kidnapped in 2007’s Gone Baby Gone. ”It’s a funny thing to enter a show that you’re a great fan of — and it’s nice to tell lighter stories,” Ryan said in Variety. ”I love the dark, grittier side of life, but it’s nice to take a break from that, put a skirt on and brush your hair.” The actress previously worked with Carell in last year’s romance Dan in Real Life. (Variety)
Posted June 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Young & Hungry' star Emily Osment teases new romance for Gabby
- These #ClickBaitAMovie tweets will shock you
- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog needles Steve Buscemi in new 'Park Bench' season 2 clip
- Doug Ellin on the thumbs-down review that crushed his last film: 'I wanted to kill Ebert'
- Shazam can identify images now, too
- Patrick Dempsey prepping a return to prime-time TV?
- '19 Kids and Counting' is no longer streaming on Hulu