(FROM VARIETY) — Amy Ryan is slated to appear in at least five episodes of NBC’s acclaimed comedy The Office this fall, having appeared in the show’s recent fourth-season finale as a human resources manager and potential love interest for Michael Scott (Steve Carell). Ryan may be best known, however, for the work she’s done in grittier fare: She was a star of HBO’s urban crime saga The Wire, and she received a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination for her portrayal of a mother whose child is kidnapped in 2007’s Gone Baby Gone. ”It’s a funny thing to enter a show that you’re a great fan of — and it’s nice to tell lighter stories,” Ryan said in Variety. ”I love the dark, grittier side of life, but it’s nice to take a break from that, put a skirt on and brush your hair.” The actress previously worked with Carell in last year’s romance Dan in Real Life. (Variety)
Posted June 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' adds a new cast member