(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) - Robert Pattinson, who played Cedric Diggory in several of the Harry Potter movies, has been cast in Summit Entertainment’s teen-vampire thriller Twilight. The actor will play Edward, a teenaged vampire who falls for a non-vampire high school classmate (Kristen Stewart). Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen) is directing from a script by Melissa Rosenberg (Step Up) based on Stephanie Meyer’s young-adult novel. Meyer also wrote two sequels and Summit hopes to turn Twilight into a franchise. Pattinson has also been cast as Salvador Dali in the upcoming Little Ashes, APT Films’ project about Spanish writers, artists, and filmmakers in the 1920s. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted July 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can’t Buy Me Love actress Amanda Peterson remembered by her mother
- Robert De Niro's 'The Comedian' finds a new director
- Who should play the young Han Solo in the 'Star Wars' spinoff? Vote now!
- Elodie Yung cast as Elektra in 'Daredevil' season 2
- Two more networks pull Bill Cosby reruns
- Subway drops Jared Fogle amid FBI investigation
- Grateful Dead's farewell shows earned estimated $55 million
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!