Anyone who thinks that Josh Hartnett isn’t a true movie star should see his riveting, high-wire performance in August, a shrewdly dramatized look back at the bursting of the dot-com bubble. As Tom, the hipster CEO of a start-up that’s about to crash and burn, Hartnett has a scruffy glamour worthy of Brad Pitt, as well as a whiplash gift-of-gab intensity all his own. Tom knows he’s running on fumes, and the director, Austin Chick, and the screenwriter, Howard A. Rodman, use the summer of 2001 to comment on a culture that is still lethally leveraged. They’ve made an indie Wall Street for the Internet era of virtual-profit hucksterism. A-
Genre: Drama; Starring: Naomie Harris, Josh Hartnett; Director: Austin Chick; Author: Howard A. Rodman; Release Date Limited: 07/11/2008; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: First Look
Posted July 11 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!