Picture it: Monday afternoon. Second race of the day at historic Saratoga Racecourse in upstate New York. A 3-year-old gelding named Arrrrr heads into the starting gate seeking his first win in 13 career starts. As jockey Mike Luzzi asks Arrrrr to make his move (fast-forward to the 50-second mark if you’re pressed for time), race caller Tom Durkin gets caught up in the joys of pirate-speak, and the result is absolutely hilarious. Press play, and get yourself a good solid chuckle before the workday begins in earnest. ARRRRR!!!
Posted July 30 2008 — 12:44 PM EDT
- Ellen DeGeneres coordinates Jessie J duet with viral video cohort, and it's perfect
- 'Doctor Who' spin-off 'Class' boss Patrick Ness aims to 'shock you with something new'
- Academy announces 81 contenders for foreign-language Oscar
- New 'Pretty Little Liars' opening: Who's shushing now?
- Nicole Richie freestyles a theme song for 'Fashionably Late With Rachel Zoe'
- Facebook is testing out 'Reactions': 'Love,' 'Sad,' 'Angry' and more join 'Like'
- Robert Kirkman jokes about when 'The Walking Dead' will end