Stephen Dorff, as a building contractor who accidentally kills a home intruder, cuts a deal to do time for involuntary manslaughter in Felon. In the California State Prison at Corcoran, he survives by becoming a combatant in human dogfights, and though the film claims to be based on true events, the prison-gang sadism is laid on with a trowel. Val Kilmer, as a polite horn-rimmed sociopath with a heart of gold, keeps showing up to drop Nietzschean pensées. C
Genre: Drama; Starring: Val Kilmer, Stephen Dorff, Harold Perrineau; Director: Ric Roman Waugh; Author: Ric Roman Waugh; Release Date Limited: 07/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony BMG
Posted July 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Patton Oswalt on his wife's death: 'Grief is an attack on life'
- The Shins share music video for new song, 'Dead Alive'
- Emily Barr previews new YA novel, 'The One Memory of Flora Banks'
- Niall Horan plays Would You Rather? on 'Ellen'
- WATCH: A bachelor party turns bloody in horror film 'SiREN' — exclusive
- 'Muppet Babies' series revival a go at Disney Junior
- Warren Beatty plays Howard Hughes in final 'Rules Don't Apply' trailer
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like