Stephen Dorff, as a building contractor who accidentally kills a home intruder, cuts a deal to do time for involuntary manslaughter in Felon. In the California State Prison at Corcoran, he survives by becoming a combatant in human dogfights, and though the film claims to be based on true events, the prison-gang sadism is laid on with a trowel. Val Kilmer, as a polite horn-rimmed sociopath with a heart of gold, keeps showing up to drop Nietzschean pensées. C
Genre: Drama; Starring: Val Kilmer, Stephen Dorff, Harold Perrineau; Director: Ric Roman Waugh; Author: Ric Roman Waugh; Release Date Limited: 07/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony BMG
Posted July 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says 'Heaven Sent' is 'creepiest' episode yet
- Re-live brilliant Bonnaroo moments from Mumford & Sons, D'Angelo, and more in Thanksgiving video
- Which Frankenstein would you date?
- Laurie Metcalf talks Misery villain: 'I'm golden to go as violent as I want'
- 'The Man in the High Castle' postmortem: Episode 5, 'The New Normal'
- Erykah Badu announces release date for new phone-themed mixtape
- The Olsen twins are officially not in 'Fuller House'
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year
- EW's 2015 Entertainers of the Year