Why was there such an unprecedented disparity between the exit polls in the 2004 presidential election (which had Kerry over Bush by 51 to 48 percent) and the race’s ultimate tally (in which those numbers were flipped)? That’s the key question posed by this tersely sobering documentary. Its provocative thesis is that the age of electronic voting machines has actually made election fraud easier. If that sounds like a conspiracy theory, it is. But Stealing America: Vote by Vote mounts its case with hardheaded numerical logic. The result will leave you wondering if we’re in for a fresh recount disaster this fall. B+
Genre: Documentary; Director: Dorothy Fadiman; Release Date Limited: 08/01/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Concentric Media
Posted August 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Here's what the critics are saying about 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain'
- Need to catch 'Empire'? Fox airing a full-season marathon on Labor Day
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!