(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — Nigel Lythgoe has confirmed rumors that he is stepping down as executive producer of American Idol, the most popular show on television. ”Due to the huge success of So You Think You Can Dance, my summer will be taken up by travels to South Africa, Australia, and Canada to work on local versions of the show,” Lythgoe said via a statement. ”I will step back from my day-to-day producing work on American Idol and will be devoting my time to a new venture with Simon Fuller.” Idol production company 19 Entertainment denied rumors that Lythgoe was also stepping down as president of that company. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted August 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade