(FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — Nigel Lythgoe has confirmed rumors that he is stepping down as executive producer of American Idol, the most popular show on television. ”Due to the huge success of So You Think You Can Dance, my summer will be taken up by travels to South Africa, Australia, and Canada to work on local versions of the show,” Lythgoe said via a statement. ”I will step back from my day-to-day producing work on American Idol and will be devoting my time to a new venture with Simon Fuller.” Idol production company 19 Entertainment denied rumors that Lythgoe was also stepping down as president of that company. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted August 6 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Will Smith: 'Bad Boys 3' is 'very close'
- Pixar’s 'Coco' reveals cast and plot details
- Jimmy Kimmel dings Trump while discussing Oscars gig
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for Taiwan call
- Milo Ventimiglia does push-ups with Ellen DeGeneres on his back
- The Roots and Co. bring the 'Hamilton Mixtape' to 'Fallon'
- Grammy nominations 2017: Beyoncé and Adele lead the pack
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'