Clive Barker is raising hell online, urging fans to lobby Lionsgate to give his latest production a major release instead of the embarrassed send-off it’s getting in discount theaters. We hate to side with the big bad studio, but The Midnight Meat Train — despite a great title — really does stink like month-old human flesh. Jones is a terrifically imposing villain as he slays and flays late-night subway commuters — but the gorefest shifts from a suspenseful ’80s slasher template to laughable fantasy/conspiracy mythology, culminating in a finale that redefines train wreck. D
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Bradley Cooper, Vinnie Jones, Brooke Shields; Director: Ryuhei Kitamura; Author: Jeff Buhler; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted August 8 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!