Clive Barker is raising hell online, urging fans to lobby Lionsgate to give his latest production a major release instead of the embarrassed send-off it’s getting in discount theaters. We hate to side with the big bad studio, but The Midnight Meat Train — despite a great title — really does stink like month-old human flesh. Jones is a terrifically imposing villain as he slays and flays late-night subway commuters — but the gorefest shifts from a suspenseful ’80s slasher template to laughable fantasy/conspiracy mythology, culminating in a finale that redefines train wreck. D
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Bradley Cooper, Vinnie Jones, Brooke Shields; Director: Ryuhei Kitamura; Author: Jeff Buhler; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted August 8 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary