Clive Barker is raising hell online, urging fans to lobby Lionsgate to give his latest production a major release instead of the embarrassed send-off it’s getting in discount theaters. We hate to side with the big bad studio, but The Midnight Meat Train — despite a great title — really does stink like month-old human flesh. Jones is a terrifically imposing villain as he slays and flays late-night subway commuters — but the gorefest shifts from a suspenseful ’80s slasher template to laughable fantasy/conspiracy mythology, culminating in a finale that redefines train wreck. D
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Bradley Cooper, Vinnie Jones, Brooke Shields; Director: Ryuhei Kitamura; Author: Jeff Buhler; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted August 8 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'All Day' gets misheard lyrics video from Joe Mande
- Robert De Niro to NYU students: 'You're f--ked'
- Kurt Sutter's new series a go at FX
- Mike Huckabee posts support for Duggars
- 'Tomorrowland': What did the critics think?
- 'Golan the Insatiable' with Aubrey Plaza and Rob Riggle: First Look trailer
- Amy Schumer and Paul Feig to pair up for new comedy
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!