At the height of rap-rock a decade ago, who could have predicted that Fred Durst and Ice Cube would one day team up to make an inspirational film about a girl who joins a boys’ football team? The two have obviously grown up since the late ’90s, but it’s still jarring to imagine the Limp Bizkit frontman helming a major Hollywood movie. ”He had control of the set more than some of the veterans I work with,” says Ice Cube, also a producer on the film. ”Fred has lived the rock & roll lifestyle, so he has that been-there, done-that attitude, and he wants to be taken serious as a filmmaker.” (July 25)
Posted August 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'