At the height of rap-rock a decade ago, who could have predicted that Fred Durst and Ice Cube would one day team up to make an inspirational film about a girl who joins a boys’ football team? The two have obviously grown up since the late ’90s, but it’s still jarring to imagine the Limp Bizkit frontman helming a major Hollywood movie. ”He had control of the set more than some of the veterans I work with,” says Ice Cube, also a producer on the film. ”Fred has lived the rock & roll lifestyle, so he has that been-there, done-that attitude, and he wants to be taken serious as a filmmaker.” (July 25)
Posted August 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Reynolds pranked Blake Lively while she was in labor
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Josh Groban is a womanizing guitarist on 'Life in Pieces'
- James Corden sent his parents to cover the Super Bowl
- 'Black Mass' captures the madness and minutia of being Whitey Bulger
- See 'The Brothers Grimsby' red-band trailer featuring Bill Cosby joke
- Marvel reveals exclusive Chicago Comic Con show poster
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See Jenny Slate's stressed-out sheep in 'Zootopia' clip
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere