At the height of rap-rock a decade ago, who could have predicted that Fred Durst and Ice Cube would one day team up to make an inspirational film about a girl who joins a boys’ football team? The two have obviously grown up since the late ’90s, but it’s still jarring to imagine the Limp Bizkit frontman helming a major Hollywood movie. ”He had control of the set more than some of the veterans I work with,” says Ice Cube, also a producer on the film. ”Fred has lived the rock & roll lifestyle, so he has that been-there, done-that attitude, and he wants to be taken serious as a filmmaker.” (July 25)
Posted August 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Marvel's 'Team Thor' Video Shows What He Was Up To During 'Civil War'
- Simone Biles wants to meet Kim Kardashian at the VMAs
- Idris Elba teases 'big chance' for more 'Luther'
- Charles Osgood retiring as anchor of CBS’ 'Sunday Morning'
- 'Spider-Man' star Tom Holland sends Chris Hemsworth a stunt challenge
- Kate Mara says she'd return for a 'Fantastic Four' sequel
- Aaron Paul's wife sent him the sweetest birthday message