I was honestly not aware that we’d arrived at the point where Garden State homages were remotely hip again. (Were they ever, really?) But Santogold’s new video for her excellent single “Lights Out” (h/t) has forced me to reconsider my position. Somehow that signature wallpaper-camouflage trick just looks a lot cooler without all the Braff getting in the way of the pretty patterns. Doesn’t it? Check it out below and chime in. It’ll change your afternoon, I swear…
Posted August 14 2008 — 6:31 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt