The inspiration for Claude Chabrol’s satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate sex life, and death by gunshot, of famous architect Stanford White. But the details of this arch, chic update set in modern-day Lyons — evincing a fascination with hypocrisy among the cultured classes — are pure Chabrol. In A Girl Cut in Two, Sagnier is yummy as a local TV weathergirl caught between a womanizing older novelist (François Berléand) and a nouveau riche playboy (Magimel) used to getting his own way. B+
A Girl Cut in Two The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...A Girl Cut in TwoForeign Language, DramaClaude ChabrolPT110MUnrated The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...2008-08-15
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Benoit Magimel, Ludivine Sagnier; Director: Claude Chabrol; Author: Claude Chabrol; Release Date Limited: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat