The inspiration for Claude Chabrol’s satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate sex life, and death by gunshot, of famous architect Stanford White. But the details of this arch, chic update set in modern-day Lyons — evincing a fascination with hypocrisy among the cultured classes — are pure Chabrol. In A Girl Cut in Two, Sagnier is yummy as a local TV weathergirl caught between a womanizing older novelist (François Berléand) and a nouveau riche playboy (Magimel) used to getting his own way. B+
A Girl Cut in Two The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...A Girl Cut in TwoForeign Language, DramaClaude ChabrolPT110MUnrated The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...2008-08-15
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Benoit Magimel, Ludivine Sagnier; Director: Claude Chabrol; Author: Claude Chabrol; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit