The inspiration for Claude Chabrol’s satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate sex life, and death by gunshot, of famous architect Stanford White. But the details of this arch, chic update set in modern-day Lyons — evincing a fascination with hypocrisy among the cultured classes — are pure Chabrol. In A Girl Cut in Two, Sagnier is yummy as a local TV weathergirl caught between a womanizing older novelist (François Berléand) and a nouveau riche playboy (Magimel) used to getting his own way. B+
A Girl Cut in Two The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...A Girl Cut in TwoForeign Language, DramaClaude ChabrolPT110MUnrated The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...2008-08-15
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Benoit Magimel, Ludivine Sagnier; Director: Claude Chabrol; Author: Claude Chabrol; Release Date Limited: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel