The inspiration for Claude Chabrol’s satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate sex life, and death by gunshot, of famous architect Stanford White. But the details of this arch, chic update set in modern-day Lyons — evincing a fascination with hypocrisy among the cultured classes — are pure Chabrol. In A Girl Cut in Two, Sagnier is yummy as a local TV weathergirl caught between a womanizing older novelist (François Berléand) and a nouveau riche playboy (Magimel) used to getting his own way. B+
A Girl Cut in Two The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...A Girl Cut in TwoForeign Language, DramaClaude ChabrolPT110MUnrated The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...2008-08-15
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Benoit Magimel, Ludivine Sagnier; Director: Claude Chabrol; Author: Claude Chabrol; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!