The inspiration for Claude Chabrol’s satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate sex life, and death by gunshot, of famous architect Stanford White. But the details of this arch, chic update set in modern-day Lyons — evincing a fascination with hypocrisy among the cultured classes — are pure Chabrol. In A Girl Cut in Two, Sagnier is yummy as a local TV weathergirl caught between a womanizing older novelist (François Berléand) and a nouveau riche playboy (Magimel) used to getting his own way. B+
A Girl Cut in Two The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...A Girl Cut in TwoForeign Language, DramaClaude ChabrolPT110MUnrated The inspiration for Claude Chabrol's satisfyingly nasty French drama of desire and jealousy is the Gilded Age American scandal involving the ornate...2008-08-15
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Benoit Magimel, Ludivine Sagnier; Director: Claude Chabrol; Author: Claude Chabrol; Release Date Limited: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!