Luke Wilson, playing that mopey-ironic note he plays so…consistently, portrays a depressed dude in Henry Poole Is Here who declares that he ”won’t be around” for long. He then discovers that the water stain on the back wall of his new ranch house may be the face of Jesus. (Yes, it bleeds tears.) It’s tragic that Mark Pellington, the talented director of The Mothman Prophecies, lost his wife four years ago, but he has made an autobiographical saga of grief that is gooey, ponderous, and maudlin. It’s less a tale of religious rebirth than a faith-based Hallmark card. C
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Radha Mitchell, Luke Wilson, Cheryl Hines, George Lopez; Director: Mark Pellington; Author: Albert Torres; Release Date Wide: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Overture
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the heart-stopping first trailer Netflix's 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'The Dead House' by Dawn Kurtagich
- Tawney breaks down in 'Rectify' exclusive clip
- 'Fantastic Four' cast to make their first late-night appearance on 'WWHL' — exclusive
- Ed Helms rescues Bear Grylls on 'Running Wild' (well, sort of)
- 'Daily Show' producers on Jon Stewart's last show: 'Donald Trump is not coming on'
- Drew Pearce offers update on future 'Ghostbusters' project
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!