Luke Wilson, playing that mopey-ironic note he plays so…consistently, portrays a depressed dude in Henry Poole Is Here who declares that he ”won’t be around” for long. He then discovers that the water stain on the back wall of his new ranch house may be the face of Jesus. (Yes, it bleeds tears.) It’s tragic that Mark Pellington, the talented director of The Mothman Prophecies, lost his wife four years ago, but he has made an autobiographical saga of grief that is gooey, ponderous, and maudlin. It’s less a tale of religious rebirth than a faith-based Hallmark card. C
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Radha Mitchell, Luke Wilson, Cheryl Hines, George Lopez; Director: Mark Pellington; Author: Albert Torres; Release Date Wide: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Overture
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Judge explains why he unsealed Bill Cosby deposition
- And the final 'Bachelor in Paradise' contestant is ...
- 'Disney Infinity 3.0' developer discusses bringing iconic 'Star Wars' characters to the franchise
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner promises 'psychological tension'
- The next generation of male pop stars, from Harry Styles to The Weeknd
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!