Luke Wilson, playing that mopey-ironic note he plays so…consistently, portrays a depressed dude in Henry Poole Is Here who declares that he ”won’t be around” for long. He then discovers that the water stain on the back wall of his new ranch house may be the face of Jesus. (Yes, it bleeds tears.) It’s tragic that Mark Pellington, the talented director of The Mothman Prophecies, lost his wife four years ago, but he has made an autobiographical saga of grief that is gooey, ponderous, and maudlin. It’s less a tale of religious rebirth than a faith-based Hallmark card. C
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Radha Mitchell, Luke Wilson, Cheryl Hines, George Lopez; Director: Mark Pellington; Author: Albert Torres; Release Date Wide: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Overture
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50