Luke Wilson, playing that mopey-ironic note he plays so…consistently, portrays a depressed dude in Henry Poole Is Here who declares that he ”won’t be around” for long. He then discovers that the water stain on the back wall of his new ranch house may be the face of Jesus. (Yes, it bleeds tears.) It’s tragic that Mark Pellington, the talented director of The Mothman Prophecies, lost his wife four years ago, but he has made an autobiographical saga of grief that is gooey, ponderous, and maudlin. It’s less a tale of religious rebirth than a faith-based Hallmark card. C
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Radha Mitchell, Luke Wilson, Cheryl Hines, George Lopez; Director: Mark Pellington; Author: Albert Torres; Release Date Wide: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Overture
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Wahlberg's 'Patriots Day' to close AFI Fest
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'