How does one go about shutting down an Apple Store in Manhattan without a computer virus? Just import the Jonas Brothers for a ”secret” performance. On Aug. 12 — the day the band’s third album, A Little Bit Longer, went on sale — the trio happily obliged. The hour-long set wasn’t announced publicly until that morning, and it topped off a week of Jonasmania, highlighted by their guest-hosting stint on TRL, a performance on So You Think You Can Dance, and a Good Morning America concert that drew 15,000 eardrum-busting fans into New York City’s Bryant Park. Oh, and one other thing: They sold out Madison Square Garden three nights in a row. The Apple Store spectacle, however, was intimate — and a fitting celebration at the end of a day that saw their new album strike No. 1 on both Amazon and iTunes by early morning. (Their first, out-of-print album, meanwhile, now fetches up to $350 on sites like eBay. We’re guessing that’s approximately four months’ worth of the average tween’s allowance.) Just 450 fans — including a Croc-wearing Harry Connick Jr. and his smitten daughter — were let inside free of charge for the 12-song set. And the night’s final tune couldn’t have been more fitting: Summer anthem ”Burnin’ Up” (yup, Big Rob rapped) brought up the rear as two ambulances outsie treated a slew of fainting gals, who had, predictably, overheated. Perhaps the Brothers need to remind their fans they’re just lyrics — not words to live by.
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!