(FROM VARIETY) — Mike Myers has been cast as British Gen. Ed Fenech, a military mastermind who helps hatch a plot to kill Nazi leaders, in director Quentin Tarantino’s WWII drama Inglorious Bastards. Brad Pitt stars in the movie as Lt. Aldo Raine, the leader of a band of Jewish-American soldiers dropped into German-occupied France on a singular mission to kill as many Nazis as they can. Eli Roth is also on board, and Tarantino is said to be courting Simon Pegg, Nastassja Kinski, David Krumholtz, and B.J. Novak for roles as well. Shooting is scheduled to start on Oct. 13 and wrap in time for Cannes 2009. (Variety)
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!