George Lucas is turning into the enemy of fun. This all-animated chapter Star Wars: The Clone Wars sounds like a perversely logical evolution of the series, which has been built around increasingly thick gobs of digital eye candy. But you never knew how much you’d miss all that lousy, wooden human acting. The animated Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc. (all with faux movie-star voices) are drones, and the repetitive combat sequences only add to the turgid videogame anonymity of it all. Lucas’ fantasy empire has morphed into a machine that plays itself. F
(© Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM)
Genre: Animation, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ashley Eckstein, Matt Lanter, Anthony Daniels; Director: Dave Filoni; Author: George Lucas; Release Date Wide: 08/15/2008; Seasons: 3, 4; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway