George Lucas is turning into the enemy of fun. This all-animated chapter Star Wars: The Clone Wars sounds like a perversely logical evolution of the series, which has been built around increasingly thick gobs of digital eye candy. But you never knew how much you’d miss all that lousy, wooden human acting. The animated Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc. (all with faux movie-star voices) are drones, and the repetitive combat sequences only add to the turgid videogame anonymity of it all. Lucas’ fantasy empire has morphed into a machine that plays itself. F
(© Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM)
Genre: Animation, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ashley Eckstein, Matt Lanter, Anthony Daniels; Director: Dave Filoni; Author: George Lucas; Release Date Wide: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'