George Lucas is turning into the enemy of fun. This all-animated chapter Star Wars: The Clone Wars sounds like a perversely logical evolution of the series, which has been built around increasingly thick gobs of digital eye candy. But you never knew how much you’d miss all that lousy, wooden human acting. The animated Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc. (all with faux movie-star voices) are drones, and the repetitive combat sequences only add to the turgid videogame anonymity of it all. Lucas’ fantasy empire has morphed into a machine that plays itself. F
(© Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM)
Genre: Animation, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ashley Eckstein, Matt Lanter, Anthony Daniels; Director: Dave Filoni; Author: George Lucas; Release Date Wide: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- Director John Carpenter pays tribute to the late Wes Craven
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!