George Lucas is turning into the enemy of fun. This all-animated chapter Star Wars: The Clone Wars sounds like a perversely logical evolution of the series, which has been built around increasingly thick gobs of digital eye candy. But you never knew how much you’d miss all that lousy, wooden human acting. The animated Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc. (all with faux movie-star voices) are drones, and the repetitive combat sequences only add to the turgid videogame anonymity of it all. Lucas’ fantasy empire has morphed into a machine that plays itself. F
(© Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM)
Genre: Animation, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ashley Eckstein, Matt Lanter, Anthony Daniels; Director: Dave Filoni; Author: George Lucas; Release Date Wide: 08/15/2008; Seasons: 3, 4; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Baywatch' alum Jeremy Jackson arrested
- 'Five Nights at Freddy's 4' coming this October
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Meredith Wild's 'Hard Love'
- Hear sibling band The Hunts’ new song 'Valentina'
- 'Furious 7': China’s biggest movie ever
- Jason Derulo shares 'Cheyenne' from 'Everything Is 4'
- Robert Downey Jr. dives into an 'Emotional Interview' with Jimmy Fallon