George Lucas is turning into the enemy of fun. This all-animated chapter Star Wars: The Clone Wars sounds like a perversely logical evolution of the series, which has been built around increasingly thick gobs of digital eye candy. But you never knew how much you’d miss all that lousy, wooden human acting. The animated Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc. (all with faux movie-star voices) are drones, and the repetitive combat sequences only add to the turgid videogame anonymity of it all. Lucas’ fantasy empire has morphed into a machine that plays itself. F
(© Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM)
Genre: Animation, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ashley Eckstein, Matt Lanter, Anthony Daniels; Director: Dave Filoni; Author: George Lucas; Release Date Wide: 08/15/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Bieber details party boy years: ‘I suck by myself'
- 'Friends' reunion: NBC's official photos unveiled
- T.J. Miller pitches ideas for 'Deadpool 2'
- Hear Sturgill Simpson's fuzzed out 'Vinyl' theme song
- Tina Fey goes to war in profane 'Whiskey Tango Foxtrot' trailer
- 'TWD': Steven Yeun reflects on the 'Is Glenn dead?' controversy
- The Dark Knight takes the spotlight in final 'Batman v Superman' trailer