You know you love her: Gossip Girl hit new ratings highs among its target audience — young women, duh — and scored its second-best numbers ever in total viewers (behind its hyped first-season premiere), with 3.4 million watching its Labor Day sophomore-season premiere. That sound you hear is CW execs breathing a sigh of relief for their struggling network’s buzzy savior series. (Or is it parents gasping at the steamy sex between Nate and his married cougar? Whatevs.) The holiday might have put a bit of a damper on the so-so launch of Fox’s Prison Break, though, with only 6.2 million viewers tuning in; NBC won over a fair number by teasing (spoiling?) the first player to win it all on Deal or No Deal — 12.6 million tuned in for the second half hour’s big victory. The CW’s One Tree Hill, meanwhile, remained an old-reliable by holding most of Girl’s lead-in audience with 3.2 million, giving The CW its best Monday night ever. Don’t blow it tonight, 90210!
Posted September 2 2008 — 5:13 PM EDT
- See Meryl Streep sing the cut song Stephen Sondheim wrote for 'Into the Woods'
- Scream Factory to release 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray
- Margot Robbie learns flip cup, beats Jimmy Fallon anyway
- Neill Blomkamp says he 'didn't make a good enough film' with 'Elysium'
- Exclusive: First look at Carly Rae Jepsen's new video, "I Really Like You"
- 'Modern Family:' Read Alex's full college essay
- 'Empire': Behind the scenes at EW's photo shoot
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!