You know you love her: Gossip Girl hit new ratings highs among its target audience — young women, duh — and scored its second-best numbers ever in total viewers (behind its hyped first-season premiere), with 3.4 million watching its Labor Day sophomore-season premiere. That sound you hear is CW execs breathing a sigh of relief for their struggling network’s buzzy savior series. (Or is it parents gasping at the steamy sex between Nate and his married cougar? Whatevs.) The holiday might have put a bit of a damper on the so-so launch of Fox’s Prison Break, though, with only 6.2 million viewers tuning in; NBC won over a fair number by teasing (spoiling?) the first player to win it all on Deal or No Deal — 12.6 million tuned in for the second half hour’s big victory. The CW’s One Tree Hill, meanwhile, remained an old-reliable by holding most of Girl’s lead-in audience with 3.2 million, giving The CW its best Monday night ever. Don’t blow it tonight, 90210!
Posted September 2 2008 — 5:13 PM EDT
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- Amy Schumer responds to open letter about Lafayette theater shooting
- Channing Tatum is (still) doing the 'Gambit' movie
- Simon Pegg ranks all the 'Star Wars' films in 60 seconds
- 'Sherlock' producer on how Victorian special changes Holmes and Watson
- 'Downton Abbey' final season gets U.S. premiere date
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!