Rachel McAdams plays a Hitchcock blonde who enchants two pals — a married man (Chris Cooper) and a debonair bachelor (Brosnan) in Married Life. Yet her character is never alluring enough to explain why the guys are so tempted to misbehave. In a commentary, director Ira Sachs venerates the ’40s movies of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford that influenced him; three fascinating alternate endings dissect how a different finale (car crashes, murder charges) seismically alters an entire film. B-
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Patricia Clarkson, Chris Cooper, Rachel McAdams; Director: Ira Sachs; Author: Ira Sachs, Oren Moverman; Release Date Limited: 03/07/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted September 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'TWD': Andrew Lincoln on the 'terrifying, epic' midseason premiere
- Josh Charles congratulates 'Good Wife' team on 'amazing run'
- Key & Peele revive excessive celebration sketch on 'The Late Show'
- 'The X-Files' writer Glen Morgan teases a big showcase for Gillian Anderson
- Wendy Williams scores new red-carpet commentary series
- The Struts premiere 'Kiss This' video featuring tour footage
- Dead & Company announce summer tour