Rachel McAdams plays a Hitchcock blonde who enchants two pals — a married man (Chris Cooper) and a debonair bachelor (Brosnan) in Married Life. Yet her character is never alluring enough to explain why the guys are so tempted to misbehave. In a commentary, director Ira Sachs venerates the ’40s movies of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford that influenced him; three fascinating alternate endings dissect how a different finale (car crashes, murder charges) seismically alters an entire film. B-
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Patricia Clarkson, Chris Cooper, Rachel McAdams; Director: Ira Sachs; Author: Ira Sachs, Oren Moverman; Release Date Limited: 03/07/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted September 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Isis King is 'the Kate Moss of the trans models' in 'Strut' finale clip