Rachel McAdams plays a Hitchcock blonde who enchants two pals — a married man (Chris Cooper) and a debonair bachelor (Brosnan) in Married Life. Yet her character is never alluring enough to explain why the guys are so tempted to misbehave. In a commentary, director Ira Sachs venerates the ’40s movies of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford that influenced him; three fascinating alternate endings dissect how a different finale (car crashes, murder charges) seismically alters an entire film. B-
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Patricia Clarkson, Chris Cooper, Rachel McAdams; Director: Ira Sachs; Author: Ira Sachs, Oren Moverman; Release Date Limited: 03/07/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted September 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- Director John Carpenter pays tribute to the late Wes Craven
- Read Kanye West's epic VMAs speech in full
- Hollywood pays tribute to horror master Wes Craven
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!