EW senior writer Whitney Pastorek, 33, and associate editor Sean Howe, 34, are just 2 of 30 writers who pick the winners of music’s most debated rivalries in Rock and Roll Cage Match, edited by Sean Manning. Howe takes on the competition between the Four Tops and the Temptations — ”I wanted to write about the way their music affects listeners, so a winner’s not really explicit,” he says — while Pastorek tackles Whitney Houston versus Mariah Carey. ”Given that my name is Whitney and I’m from Houston, I had to come down on the side of my girl,” she says.
Posted September 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Neill Blomkamp has 'Elysium' regrets
- 'Justified': Erica Tazel talks Rachel's past
- Lee Daniels on Mo'Nique's 'blackballed' essay
- Rock star Gary Glitter gets 16 years of jail time
- PopWatch Confessional: What do you watch when you're homesick?
- Tom Ellis cast as Lucifer in DC Comics-based pilot
- What's Playing on Broadway and Beyond
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!