EW senior writer Whitney Pastorek, 33, and associate editor Sean Howe, 34, are just 2 of 30 writers who pick the winners of music’s most debated rivalries in Rock and Roll Cage Match, edited by Sean Manning. Howe takes on the competition between the Four Tops and the Temptations — ”I wanted to write about the way their music affects listeners, so a winner’s not really explicit,” he says — while Pastorek tackles Whitney Houston versus Mariah Carey. ”Given that my name is Whitney and I’m from Houston, I had to come down on the side of my girl,” she says.
Posted September 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard