EW senior writer Whitney Pastorek, 33, and associate editor Sean Howe, 34, are just 2 of 30 writers who pick the winners of music’s most debated rivalries in Rock and Roll Cage Match, edited by Sean Manning. Howe takes on the competition between the Four Tops and the Temptations — ”I wanted to write about the way their music affects listeners, so a winner’s not really explicit,” he says — while Pastorek tackles Whitney Houston versus Mariah Carey. ”Given that my name is Whitney and I’m from Houston, I had to come down on the side of my girl,” she says.
Posted September 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Wahlberg's 'Patriots Day' to close AFI Fest
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'