EW senior writer Whitney Pastorek, 33, and associate editor Sean Howe, 34, are just 2 of 30 writers who pick the winners of music’s most debated rivalries in Rock and Roll Cage Match, edited by Sean Manning. Howe takes on the competition between the Four Tops and the Temptations — ”I wanted to write about the way their music affects listeners, so a winner’s not really explicit,” he says — while Pastorek tackles Whitney Houston versus Mariah Carey. ”Given that my name is Whitney and I’m from Houston, I had to come down on the side of my girl,” she says.
Posted September 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!