EW senior writer Whitney Pastorek, 33, and associate editor Sean Howe, 34, are just 2 of 30 writers who pick the winners of music’s most debated rivalries in Rock and Roll Cage Match, edited by Sean Manning. Howe takes on the competition between the Four Tops and the Temptations — ”I wanted to write about the way their music affects listeners, so a winner’s not really explicit,” he says — while Pastorek tackles Whitney Houston versus Mariah Carey. ”Given that my name is Whitney and I’m from Houston, I had to come down on the side of my girl,” she says.
Posted September 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- David Cross returns to the stage in new stand-up special trailer
- Chance the Rapper plots Chicago music fest featuring Skrillex
- Anne Rice announces 'Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis'
- 'American Crime Story' coming to Netflix in 2017
- Documentary about INXS singer Michael Hutchence is in the works
- 'Prison Break' clip shows the importance of a stick of gum
- Michael C. Hall to reprise Bowie's 'Lazarus' in London
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'