There are a few precious pieces of our collective childhood — Looney Tunes cartoons, Disney movies, Dr. Seuss books — whose magic endures all through adulthood. This starry anthology, hosted by Duvall in a parade of fashion-blooper outfits, isn’t one of them. Tackling a classic story (e.g., ”Cinderella,” ”The Boy Who Left Home to Find Out About the Shivers”) in each episode, Shelley Duvall’s Faerie Tale Theatre gives a bevy of celebs the chance to play dress-up: Carrie Fisher mugs as Thumbelina; Robin Williams brings his trademark tics to the Frog Prince; Malcolm McDowell leers as the Big Bad Wolf; Mick Jagger sports a vaguely offensive Fu Manchu mustache as an Asian emperor in ”The Nightingale.” But with community-theater production values and a patience-testing pace, most of the tales feel less timeless than simply time-consuming. C
Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre There are a few precious pieces of our collective childhood — Looney Tunes cartoons, Disney movies, Dr. Seuss books — whose magic endures...Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale TheatreKids and Family There are a few precious pieces of our collective childhood — Looney Tunes cartoons, Disney movies, Dr. Seuss books — whose magic endures...2008-09-05
Genre: Kids and Family; Status: In Season
Posted September 5 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vampire Diaries' cast recalls what it was like working with Nina Dobrev
- The best VMA moments, according to Facebook
- Dylan's Candy Bar is celebrating 'Mean Girls' with themed candy
- 11 outrageous moments from Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 'Faking It' season 2B supertease: Karma and Amy pretend to be a couple again — exclusive
- Why Bill Murray agreed to appear in the next 'Ghostbusters'
- Keith Richards talks solo album, documentary, and trying to get the Stones back in the studio
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!