”My name is Joe,” says the familiar droopy voice on the soundtrack. ”And this is what I do.” He’s making reference to being a hitman, but the actor might as well be talking about himself: His name is Nicolas Cage, and this is what he does — take the big bucks to star in slovenly, inert pulp of the sort no actor of his magnitude should be stooping to. In Bangkok Dangerous, the Pang brothers, remaking their 1999 Thai thriller, turn Cage into a scruffy, blank-eyed cipher of an assassin, who has been hired to kill four men; we learn so little about them that they flash by like the bad guys in a trailer. The filmmakers even manage to turn seamy Bangkok into the least exotic setting imaginable. F
(Chan Kam Chuen)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Nicolas Cage, Jason With; Director: Oxide Pang Chun, Danny Pang; Author: Jason Richman; Release Date Wide: 09/05/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted September 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade