A clarification is in order. Nobody wants to be these Italians: a pair of colorlessly attractive American singletons in Boston’s North End who don’t even claim Italian heritage. (They’re set up on a blind date by two beefy matchmakers, pals of the guy, who are under the sitcom-mistaken impression that ethnicity matters to the other party.) Everybody Wants to Be Italian’s writer-director, Jason Todd Ipson, wants his imitation of a big, fat Italian wedding: He ladles on the character and plot-development clichés in his processed romantic comedy as thick as Ragu sauce out of a jar, and the actors follow through with performances as synthetic as pizza made with Kraft cheese. D
Everybody Wants to Be ItalianA clarification is in order. Nobody wants to be these Italians: a pair of colorlessly attractive American singletons in Boston's North End who don't even...Everybody Wants to Be ItalianComedy, RomanceJason Todd IpsonA clarification is in order. Nobody wants to be these Italians: a pair of colorlessly attractive American singletons in Boston's North End who don't even...2008-09-15John Enos IIIJohn KapelosJohn Enos III, John Kapelos
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jay Jablonski, Cerina Vincent, John Enos III, John Kapelos; Director: Jason Todd Ipson; Author: Jason Todd Ipson
Posted September 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Garry Marshall's 'The Flamingo Kid' is going to be a stage musical
- Watch the exclusive teaser for 'Documentary Now!'
- Ice Cube to bring hip-hop 'Hollywood Squares' to VH1
- Mila Kunis bought her $90 wedding band on Etsy
- Director Edgar Wright shares his 1,000 favorite films
- Pink Floyd announce massive 27-disc collection covering 1965 to 1972
- MTV classics 'Laguna Beach,' 'Daria,' and more coming back to cable
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?