A clarification is in order. Nobody wants to be these Italians: a pair of colorlessly attractive American singletons in Boston’s North End who don’t even claim Italian heritage. (They’re set up on a blind date by two beefy matchmakers, pals of the guy, who are under the sitcom-mistaken impression that ethnicity matters to the other party.) Everybody Wants to Be Italian’s writer-director, Jason Todd Ipson, wants his imitation of a big, fat Italian wedding: He ladles on the character and plot-development clichés in his processed romantic comedy as thick as Ragu sauce out of a jar, and the actors follow through with performances as synthetic as pizza made with Kraft cheese. D
Everybody Wants to Be ItalianA clarification is in order. Nobody wants to be these Italians: a pair of colorlessly attractive American singletons in Boston's North End who don't even...Everybody Wants to Be ItalianComedy, RomanceJason Todd IpsonA clarification is in order. Nobody wants to be these Italians: a pair of colorlessly attractive American singletons in Boston's North End who don't even...2008-09-15John Enos IIIJohn KapelosJohn Enos III, John Kapelos
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jay Jablonski, Cerina Vincent, John Enos III, John Kapelos; Director: Jason Todd Ipson; Author: Jason Todd Ipson
Posted September 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!