So yesterday, as I’m seeing all those Made of Honor DVD ads on our site and procrastinating by pondering who should be the next Patrick Dempsey (AKA a former heartthrob returned to his in-demand glory), I get the press release announcing that TNT’s Raising the Bar has been renewed for a second season. Why not Mark-Paul Gosselaar?, I think. On the condition that he trims his hair back to Commander in Chief/NYPD Blue-length, of course. He’s paid his dues, as he’s described for us, and he was a good enough sport to both feed Annie Barrett a cupcake in EW’s offices and record a voice for Robot Chicken’s recent Saved by the Bell spoof (watch it below). After hearing that Gosselaar told us what a great success story RC cocreator Seth Green is, Green said, “What an incredibly sweet thing to say. I’ve always liked him too — great sense of humor and a really skilled actor.” I’ll count that as a second vote for Gosselaar. Is he your pick, or is there someone else you’d like to nominate?
Posted September 17 2008 — 12:00 PM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big