It sounds like a bad TV movie: a drama based on the protests that halted the 1999 World Trade Organization summit in Seattle. Yet Stuart Townsend, the veteran actor-turned-director (he’s also the boyfriend of Charlize Theron, who costars), re-creates it all with stunning passion and skill in Battle in Seattle. His staging has a tumult, a multi-POV immediacy that brings to mind Paul Greengrass’ Bloody Sunday. The movie captures the idealism of the anti-WTO agitators, the anxiety of the cops, and the smugness of the anarchists who made the protest violent. A?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Andre Benjamin, Woody Harrelson, Charlize Theron, Martin Henderson, Ray Liotta; Director: Stuart Townsend; Author: Stuart Townsend; Release Date Limited: 09/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Redwood Palms Pictures
Posted September 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?