It sounds like a bad TV movie: a drama based on the protests that halted the 1999 World Trade Organization summit in Seattle. Yet Stuart Townsend, the veteran actor-turned-director (he’s also the boyfriend of Charlize Theron, who costars), re-creates it all with stunning passion and skill in Battle in Seattle. His staging has a tumult, a multi-POV immediacy that brings to mind Paul Greengrass’ Bloody Sunday. The movie captures the idealism of the anti-WTO agitators, the anxiety of the cops, and the smugness of the anarchists who made the protest violent. A?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Andre Benjamin, Woody Harrelson, Charlize Theron, Martin Henderson, Ray Liotta; Director: Stuart Townsend; Author: Stuart Townsend; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Redwood Palms Pictures
Posted September 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Vince Staples is a force to be reckoned with in the rap world
- Zendaya had the best response to people who hated her hair
- 'Zoo' star Kristen Connolly talks what it's like acting opposite a moody baby lion
- Paul Rudd tests 'Ant-Man's shrinking powers against a bathtub tidal wave
- Here are the most popular passages from 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl'
- Dave Grohl was 'terrified' to watch Kurt Cobain documentary
- Miss USA Pageant: 'Show will go on'