It sounds like a bad TV movie: a drama based on the protests that halted the 1999 World Trade Organization summit in Seattle. Yet Stuart Townsend, the veteran actor-turned-director (he’s also the boyfriend of Charlize Theron, who costars), re-creates it all with stunning passion and skill in Battle in Seattle. His staging has a tumult, a multi-POV immediacy that brings to mind Paul Greengrass’ Bloody Sunday. The movie captures the idealism of the anti-WTO agitators, the anxiety of the cops, and the smugness of the anarchists who made the protest violent. A?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Andre Benjamin, Woody Harrelson, Charlize Theron, Martin Henderson, Ray Liotta; Director: Stuart Townsend; Author: Stuart Townsend; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Redwood Palms Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Daniel Brühl confirms role as Marvel villain
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Sansa is a 'fake it till you make it' expert on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo addresses McDreamy's death
- Guillermo del Toro's video game with Daryl from 'Walking Dead' has been canceled
- See the new poster for season 3 of 'Orange is the New Black'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' sneak peek: The original team reunites