It sounds like a bad TV movie: a drama based on the protests that halted the 1999 World Trade Organization summit in Seattle. Yet Stuart Townsend, the veteran actor-turned-director (he’s also the boyfriend of Charlize Theron, who costars), re-creates it all with stunning passion and skill in Battle in Seattle. His staging has a tumult, a multi-POV immediacy that brings to mind Paul Greengrass’ Bloody Sunday. The movie captures the idealism of the anti-WTO agitators, the anxiety of the cops, and the smugness of the anarchists who made the protest violent. A?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Andre Benjamin, Woody Harrelson, Charlize Theron, Martin Henderson, Ray Liotta; Director: Stuart Townsend; Author: Stuart Townsend; Release Date Limited: 09/19/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Redwood Palms Pictures
Posted September 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Strong first reactions to 'Rogue One' hit after premiere
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'