Imagine two of your favorite HBO shows that not enough people watched – The Comeback and In Treatment – mixed together into a series of bite-sized webisodes, and you’ll have Lisa Kudrow’s Web Therapy, a new 15-episode Web series at the Lexus-branded LStudio.com. The Friends alumna plays Fiona Wallace, a shrink with some serious boundary issues and a Valerie Cherish-like capacity for self-delusion. (As on The Comeback, the comic tone here is bone-dry and played for maximum cringeworthiness.) As on In Treatment, we’ll get to see Fiona treat five patients over the course of the series. The first three episodes, all featuring a patient named Richard (played by Tim Bagley) who has his own boundary issues, are streaming now at the site; future episodes will depict Fiona’s sessions with patients played by Christopher Guest regulars Jane Lynch and Bob Balaban, Office alum Rashida Jones, and Kudrow’s producing partner, Dan Bucatinsky. Check out the first episode below, then let us know if you’ll be watching the whole series or if you lack the patience.
Posted September 24 2008 — 7:22 PM EDT
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters