Imagine two of your favorite HBO shows that not enough people watched – The Comeback and In Treatment – mixed together into a series of bite-sized webisodes, and you’ll have Lisa Kudrow’s Web Therapy, a new 15-episode Web series at the Lexus-branded LStudio.com. The Friends alumna plays Fiona Wallace, a shrink with some serious boundary issues and a Valerie Cherish-like capacity for self-delusion. (As on The Comeback, the comic tone here is bone-dry and played for maximum cringeworthiness.) As on In Treatment, we’ll get to see Fiona treat five patients over the course of the series. The first three episodes, all featuring a patient named Richard (played by Tim Bagley) who has his own boundary issues, are streaming now at the site; future episodes will depict Fiona’s sessions with patients played by Christopher Guest regulars Jane Lynch and Bob Balaban, Office alum Rashida Jones, and Kudrow’s producing partner, Dan Bucatinsky. Check out the first episode below, then let us know if you’ll be watching the whole series or if you lack the patience.
Posted September 24 2008 — 7:22 PM EDT
- Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, more confirm classic rock festival
- 'New Girl': Nick gets sassy with Schmidt's dad in exclusive clip
- Larry Wilmore responds to Piers Morgan's use of the n-word
- 'Star Wars: Bloodline' sheds new light on Princess Leia's darkest secrets
- 'Hamilton' makes Tonys history with record 16 nominations
- Lupita Nyong'o pens essay on why she chose 'Eclipsed' over Hollywood
- Why John Stamos is the perfect Mother's Day gift
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner