Risky Business is the film that first put Cruise in sunglasses and lit up his 500-watt grin. He was just 21 when he played Joel Goodsen, a Chicago teen who takes up with a call girl (De Mornay) and turns his home into a brothel. He doesn?t deliver Tropic Thunder-size laughs, but he was deft at comedy even then — especially strumming air guitar in his underwear. The best EXTRA on this 25th anniversary disc: a screen test of the star running lines with endearing gawkiness. B+
Starring: Tom Cruise, Rebecca De Mornay; Starring: Megan Mullally; Director: Paul Brickman; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: R
Posted September 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday