Risky Business is the film that first put Cruise in sunglasses and lit up his 500-watt grin. He was just 21 when he played Joel Goodsen, a Chicago teen who takes up with a call girl (De Mornay) and turns his home into a brothel. He doesn?t deliver Tropic Thunder-size laughs, but he was deft at comedy even then — especially strumming air guitar in his underwear. The best EXTRA on this 25th anniversary disc: a screen test of the star running lines with endearing gawkiness. B+
Starring: Tom Cruise, Rebecca De Mornay; Starring: Megan Mullally; Director: Paul Brickman; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: R
Posted September 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!