It’s not exactly Radiohead giving away their latest songs. On Sept. 23, Michael Moore offered a free download of his new film Slacker Uprising on slackeruprising.com — if you can call this four-years-out-of-date, rock-the-vote infomercial a film. It was shot in 2004, when Moore led a preelection tour of 62 cities, mostly college towns. He offered ramen noodles and clean underwear to any student who agreed to vote, a joke that’s become (happily) archaic. Moore?s studentmobilization drive now looks prescient, but he should have kept this piece of wallpaper agitprop on the shelf. D
Slacker Uprising It's not exactly Radiohead giving away their latest songs. On Sept. 23, Michael Moore offered a free download of his new film Slacker...Slacker UprisingDocumentaryMichael MoorePT100MUnrated It's not exactly Radiohead giving away their latest songs. On Sept. 23, Michael Moore offered a free download of his new film Slacker...2008-09-24
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Michael Moore; Director: Michael Moore; Author: Michael Moore; Release Date Wide: 09/23/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted September 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!