It’s not exactly Radiohead giving away their latest songs. On Sept. 23, Michael Moore offered a free download of his new film Slacker Uprising on slackeruprising.com — if you can call this four-years-out-of-date, rock-the-vote infomercial a film. It was shot in 2004, when Moore led a preelection tour of 62 cities, mostly college towns. He offered ramen noodles and clean underwear to any student who agreed to vote, a joke that’s become (happily) archaic. Moore?s studentmobilization drive now looks prescient, but he should have kept this piece of wallpaper agitprop on the shelf. D
Slacker Uprising It's not exactly Radiohead giving away their latest songs. On Sept. 23, Michael Moore offered a free download of his new film Slacker...Slacker UprisingDocumentaryMichael MoorePT100MUnrated It's not exactly Radiohead giving away their latest songs. On Sept. 23, Michael Moore offered a free download of his new film Slacker...2008-09-24
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Michael Moore; Director: Michael Moore; Author: Michael Moore; Release Date Wide: 09/23/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted September 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!