It’s not exactly Radiohead giving away their latest songs. On Sept. 23, Michael Moore offered a free download of his new film Slacker Uprising on slackeruprising.com — if you can call this four-years-out-of-date, rock-the-vote infomercial a film. It was shot in 2004, when Moore led a preelection tour of 62 cities, mostly college towns. He offered ramen noodles and clean underwear to any student who agreed to vote, a joke that’s become (happily) archaic. Moore?s studentmobilization drive now looks prescient, but he should have kept this piece of wallpaper agitprop on the shelf. D
Slacker Uprising It's not exactly Radiohead giving away their latest songs. On Sept. 23, Michael Moore offered a free download of his new film Slacker...Slacker UprisingDocumentaryMichael MoorePT100MUnrated It's not exactly Radiohead giving away their latest songs. On Sept. 23, Michael Moore offered a free download of his new film Slacker...2008-09-24
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Michael Moore; Director: Michael Moore; Author: Michael Moore; Release Date Wide: 09/23/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted September 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 50 things we love about J.K. Rowling for her 50th birthday
- Surprise! One Direction drop first song without Zayn
- Vampire Weekend bassist premieres solo-project single
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!