We know how the story ended with David and Goliath, but what about David versus David? Of the two Idol alums, one’s a little bit (okay, a lot bit) poppy, the other’s a little bit rock’n’roll; one’s bubbly, the other’s stubbly; one’s got an innocent “Crush,” and the other wants you to leave the “Light On.” My colleague Margeaux Watson and I sat down to discuss the musical prospects of the dueling Davids as part of our larger series of discussions about the fall music season (click here to see ‘em all!). But given how decidedly different the two Davids actually sound, here’s a question for you: Is it possible for both Mr. Archuleta and Mr. Cook to find success on the charts this season? Or, do Idol fans feel like even though the theme weeks and speed dialing are finished, the competition still rages on?
Posted September 26 2008 — 1:24 PM EDT
- First Look: See Rob Riggle as 'Gator Dan' on 'Fresh Off the Boat'
- Netflix renews 'Narcos' for season 2
- Eddie Redmayne: 'The Danish Girl' was 'an extraordinary experience'
- Meet the new Transporter: Ed Skrein has refueled the action franchise
- 6 times Cate Blanchett transformed to play real people on the big screen
- Black Sabbath announce farewell tour
- 'Spectre' poster: James Bond is dressed to kill
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!