We know how the story ended with David and Goliath, but what about David versus David? Of the two Idol alums, one’s a little bit (okay, a lot bit) poppy, the other’s a little bit rock’n’roll; one’s bubbly, the other’s stubbly; one’s got an innocent “Crush,” and the other wants you to leave the “Light On.” My colleague Margeaux Watson and I sat down to discuss the musical prospects of the dueling Davids as part of our larger series of discussions about the fall music season (click here to see ‘em all!). But given how decidedly different the two Davids actually sound, here’s a question for you: Is it possible for both Mr. Archuleta and Mr. Cook to find success on the charts this season? Or, do Idol fans feel like even though the theme weeks and speed dialing are finished, the competition still rages on?
Posted September 26 2008 — 1:24 PM EDT
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's about Emma and more
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit
- 'McFarland, USA' and the neutering of sports movies