We know how the story ended with David and Goliath, but what about David versus David? Of the two Idol alums, one’s a little bit (okay, a lot bit) poppy, the other’s a little bit rock’n’roll; one’s bubbly, the other’s stubbly; one’s got an innocent “Crush,” and the other wants you to leave the “Light On.” My colleague Margeaux Watson and I sat down to discuss the musical prospects of the dueling Davids as part of our larger series of discussions about the fall music season (click here to see ‘em all!). But given how decidedly different the two Davids actually sound, here’s a question for you: Is it possible for both Mr. Archuleta and Mr. Cook to find success on the charts this season? Or, do Idol fans feel like even though the theme weeks and speed dialing are finished, the competition still rages on?
Posted September 26 2008 — 1:24 PM EDT
- See the schedule for Comic-Con's TV panels
- The best and worst of the music streaming wars
- America Ferrera thanks Donald Trump for mobilizing Latino voters
- Bill Cosby: No charges in Atlantic City case
- 'Lost' showrunner Carlton Cuse talks 'Colony'
- Liam Hemsworth photobombed Jeff Goldblum on the 'Independence Day Resurgence' set
- First Look: Here's how 'Blindspot' covers Jaimie Alexander's entire body with tattoos—in six hours