The Anne Hathaway in Jonathan Demme’s indie drama Rachel Getting Married bears little resemblance to the sexy spy she played in Get Smart — much less the squeaky-clean heroine of The Princess Diaries. With her trademark flowing locks hacked into a jagged bob, the 25-year-old actress stars as Kym, a recovering drug addict who’s temporarily released from rehab in time to stir things up at her sister’s wedding. She’s an emotional manipulator who can’t resist telling an inappropriate story at the rehearsal dinner. Yet she’s also a loving woman desperate to move beyond a tragic event in her past. ”I never felt I was playing someone dark or tortured,” says Hathaway. ”One minute she could be suicidal, the next minute she could be absolutely exhilarated.” 10/3
Posted September 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters