The Anne Hathaway in Jonathan Demme’s indie drama Rachel Getting Married bears little resemblance to the sexy spy she played in Get Smart — much less the squeaky-clean heroine of The Princess Diaries. With her trademark flowing locks hacked into a jagged bob, the 25-year-old actress stars as Kym, a recovering drug addict who’s temporarily released from rehab in time to stir things up at her sister’s wedding. She’s an emotional manipulator who can’t resist telling an inappropriate story at the rehearsal dinner. Yet she’s also a loving woman desperate to move beyond a tragic event in her past. ”I never felt I was playing someone dark or tortured,” says Hathaway. ”One minute she could be suicidal, the next minute she could be absolutely exhilarated.” 10/3
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Watch Daft Punk's ode to Nile Rodgers from new documentary
- Jason Reitman hosting 'Mad Men' live read, finale screening
- Hear Barenaked Ladies' '90s alt-ballad 'Say What You Want'
- 'The Originals' star: Season 2 finale sets up 'a whole new show'
- Jenny Slate, Ari Graynor to star in FX road-trip comedy fro 'Obvious Child' team'
- D'Angelo announces U.S. dates for Second Coming tour
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season 2's 'ferocious enemy'