The Anne Hathaway in Jonathan Demme’s indie drama Rachel Getting Married bears little resemblance to the sexy spy she played in Get Smart — much less the squeaky-clean heroine of The Princess Diaries. With her trademark flowing locks hacked into a jagged bob, the 25-year-old actress stars as Kym, a recovering drug addict who’s temporarily released from rehab in time to stir things up at her sister’s wedding. She’s an emotional manipulator who can’t resist telling an inappropriate story at the rehearsal dinner. Yet she’s also a loving woman desperate to move beyond a tragic event in her past. ”I never felt I was playing someone dark or tortured,” says Hathaway. ”One minute she could be suicidal, the next minute she could be absolutely exhilarated.” 10/3
Posted September 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'
- Lena Dunham, America Ferrera slam Donald Trump at DNC
- Mothers of slain black youth deliver powerful speeches at DNC
- Jessica Chastain in talks to join Jake Gyllenhaal's 'The Division'
- Elizabeth Banks compares Donald Trump to 'Hunger Games' character
- Oprah Winfrey to reunite with Ava DuVernay on 'A Wrinkle in Time'