The Anne Hathaway in Jonathan Demme’s indie drama Rachel Getting Married bears little resemblance to the sexy spy she played in Get Smart — much less the squeaky-clean heroine of The Princess Diaries. With her trademark flowing locks hacked into a jagged bob, the 25-year-old actress stars as Kym, a recovering drug addict who’s temporarily released from rehab in time to stir things up at her sister’s wedding. She’s an emotional manipulator who can’t resist telling an inappropriate story at the rehearsal dinner. Yet she’s also a loving woman desperate to move beyond a tragic event in her past. ”I never felt I was playing someone dark or tortured,” says Hathaway. ”One minute she could be suicidal, the next minute she could be absolutely exhilarated.” 10/3
Posted September 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum