Yes, it’s essentially an updated take on the party scenes from Sixteen Candles, Summer School, and Clueless, stretched out to feature-film length. But the 10 Year Reunion Edition of Can’t Hardly Wait is worth watching for the parade of familiar faces alone. Pretty much every ’90s-era teen actor — including four future Six Feet Under alumni and no fewer than nine Buffy players — wobbles through this silly, underrated gem about a raucous graduation party where parents are conveniently MIA. The new extras are mostly useless: None of the female leads returned for the commentary, which is particularly shocking when you consider that Jennifer Love Hewitt usually attends the opening of a garage door. And who exactly was clamoring for the lass who played ”Girlfriend #2” to regale us with her on-set memories? B
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama; Starring: Lauren Ambrose, Ethan Embry, Seth Green, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Freddy Rodriguez; Director: Harry Elfont, Deborah Kaplan; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted September 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!