Proof that DVDs can make good movies even better: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the tale of a just-dumped composer (How I Met Your Mother’s Segel, doing double duty as screenwriter) goes from funny to hilarious with this three-disc set’s EXTRAS, like a featurette on comic Russell Brand’s turn as a rock-star lothario (he ad-libbed his best bits). Brand and producer Shauna Robertson end up co-opting the commentary — but their jokes are way too dirty to print. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Jason Segel, Mila Kunis; Director: Nicholas Stoller; Author: Jason Segel; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted September 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'