Proof that DVDs can make good movies even better: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the tale of a just-dumped composer (How I Met Your Mother’s Segel, doing double duty as screenwriter) goes from funny to hilarious with this three-disc set’s EXTRAS, like a featurette on comic Russell Brand’s turn as a rock-star lothario (he ad-libbed his best bits). Brand and producer Shauna Robertson end up co-opting the commentary — but their jokes are way too dirty to print. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Jason Segel, Mila Kunis; Director: Nicholas Stoller; Author: Jason Segel; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted September 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'