Proof that DVDs can make good movies even better: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the tale of a just-dumped composer (How I Met Your Mother’s Segel, doing double duty as screenwriter) goes from funny to hilarious with this three-disc set’s EXTRAS, like a featurette on comic Russell Brand’s turn as a rock-star lothario (he ad-libbed his best bits). Brand and producer Shauna Robertson end up co-opting the commentary — but their jokes are way too dirty to print. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Jason Segel, Mila Kunis; Director: Nicholas Stoller; Author: Jason Segel; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted September 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant