Proof that DVDs can make good movies even better: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the tale of a just-dumped composer (How I Met Your Mother’s Segel, doing double duty as screenwriter) goes from funny to hilarious with this three-disc set’s EXTRAS, like a featurette on comic Russell Brand’s turn as a rock-star lothario (he ad-libbed his best bits). Brand and producer Shauna Robertson end up co-opting the commentary — but their jokes are way too dirty to print. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Jason Segel, Mila Kunis; Director: Nicholas Stoller; Author: Jason Segel; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Survivor' fan-voted 'Second Chance' season: Jeff Probst explains it all
- 'Scandal': Will Mellie actually win the election?
- 'Ultimate Survival Alaska' star Jimmy Gojdics dead at 69
- Super scientific study finds which drugs are most prominent at music festivals
- Beloved dead comedians to perform again via hologram
- Mark Ruffalo: Joss Whedon is a 'deeply committed feminist'
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!