Proof that DVDs can make good movies even better: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the tale of a just-dumped composer (How I Met Your Mother’s Segel, doing double duty as screenwriter) goes from funny to hilarious with this three-disc set’s EXTRAS, like a featurette on comic Russell Brand’s turn as a rock-star lothario (he ad-libbed his best bits). Brand and producer Shauna Robertson end up co-opting the commentary — but their jokes are way too dirty to print. B+
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Jason Segel, Mila Kunis; Director: Nicholas Stoller; Author: Jason Segel; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted September 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Brie Larson to replace Jennifer Lawrence in 'Glass Castle' adaptation
- Diane Keaton and John Goodman struggle through Christmas in 'Love the Coopers' trailer
- Kevin James to headline new comedy for CBS
- 'HTGAWM': Charlie Weber on the show's most suspicious character
- Kate Snow previews 'Dateline' special 'Cosby Accusers Speak'
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Walking Dead,' 'The Flash,' 'Castle' and more
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner says the legacy of 'The Cosby Show' is 'tarnished'