While The Dark Knight forever altered the superhero landscape, the more frivolous Iron Man boasts the genre’s most charismatic crusader. Downey’s Tony Stark is the waggish yin to Bruce Wayne’s brooding yang, and woe to the man who dares trespass on Downey’s scenes. His dynamic screen test (among this special edition’s four hours of EXTRAS) underscores the hunger behind his pitch to Paltrow: ”Aren’t you tired of doing those great little movies that no one sees?” B+
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow; Director: Jon Favreau; Author: Mark Fergus, Art Marcum, Hawk Ostby; Release Date Wide: 05/02/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Studios
Posted September 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'