While The Dark Knight forever altered the superhero landscape, the more frivolous Iron Man boasts the genre’s most charismatic crusader. Downey’s Tony Stark is the waggish yin to Bruce Wayne’s brooding yang, and woe to the man who dares trespass on Downey’s scenes. His dynamic screen test (among this special edition’s four hours of EXTRAS) underscores the hunger behind his pitch to Paltrow: ”Aren’t you tired of doing those great little movies that no one sees?” B+
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow; Director: Jon Favreau; Author: Mark Fergus, Art Marcum, Hawk Ostby; Release Date Wide: 05/02/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Studios
Posted September 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard
- Twitter challenges users to #MakeASongTitleLonger
- Viola Davis opens up about struggling with childhood hunger in PSA
- NBC developing Noah's Ark... in space!
- Edward Snowden appearing live via satellite for 'Snowden' screening
- Joe Biden compares U.S. foreign policy to 'Ghostbusters'