While The Dark Knight forever altered the superhero landscape, the more frivolous Iron Man boasts the genre’s most charismatic crusader. Downey’s Tony Stark is the waggish yin to Bruce Wayne’s brooding yang, and woe to the man who dares trespass on Downey’s scenes. His dynamic screen test (among this special edition’s four hours of EXTRAS) underscores the hunger behind his pitch to Paltrow: ”Aren’t you tired of doing those great little movies that no one sees?” B+
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow; Director: Jon Favreau; Author: Mark Fergus, Art Marcum, Hawk Ostby; Release Date Wide: 05/02/2008; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Studios
Posted September 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing