While The Dark Knight forever altered the superhero landscape, the more frivolous Iron Man boasts the genre’s most charismatic crusader. Downey’s Tony Stark is the waggish yin to Bruce Wayne’s brooding yang, and woe to the man who dares trespass on Downey’s scenes. His dynamic screen test (among this special edition’s four hours of EXTRAS) underscores the hunger behind his pitch to Paltrow: ”Aren’t you tired of doing those great little movies that no one sees?” B+
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow; Director: Jon Favreau; Author: Mark Fergus, Art Marcum, Hawk Ostby; Release Date Wide: 05/02/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 125; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Studios
Posted September 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ed Sheeran sang 'Rainbow Connection' with Kermit the Frog and had the time of his life
- Watch Coldplay's hilarious 'Game of Thrones' musical
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!