What are the most commonly used words in the English language? This huge list — with an elegantly interactive sliding scale — ranks ‘em: from ‘the’ (No. 1) to ‘conquistador’ (No. 86,800).
Posted September 30 2008 — 2:52 PM EDT
- Jessica Williams slams response to Beyoncé Super Bowl performance
- Hear Bon Iver’s unreleased song ‘Haven, Mass’
- Brie Larson doesn't know who won the Super Bowl
- Stephen Colbert airs cut-for-time footage from Key & Peele sketch
- J.K. Rowling helps fan fighting her own 'Dementors'
- Stephen Colbert recreates Ben Carson's debate entrance fail
- See Ben Stiller's parody Super Bowl ad for 'female Viagra'