This fall’s most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain…A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which corpulent chef Mario Batali and willowy actress Gwyneth Paltrow eat and drink their way across the Iberian Peninsula. Though dutifully stocked with tidbits of history, the book ? is dominated by glossy shots of the charismatic stars ?nibbling churros in postcard-perfect locations. Batali and Paltrow have a cute odd-couple rapport — he likes tongue terrine, she drinks coffee with soy milk — which lends the whole production some wit. As with so many of its ilk, ? however, flipping through this handsome tome is a little like going to a party where everyone else is having a fabulous time, but no one ever speaks to you or passes the sangria. B
Spain...A Culinary Road TripThis fall's most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain...A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which...Spain...A Culinary Road TripTravel, NonfictionMario Batali, Gwyneth PaltrowThis fall's most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain...A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which...2008-10-01Ecco Press
Genre: Travel, Nonfiction; Author: Mario Batali, Gwyneth Paltrow; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted October 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing