This fall’s most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain…A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which corpulent chef Mario Batali and willowy actress Gwyneth Paltrow eat and drink their way across the Iberian Peninsula. Though dutifully stocked with tidbits of history, the book ? is dominated by glossy shots of the charismatic stars ?nibbling churros in postcard-perfect locations. Batali and Paltrow have a cute odd-couple rapport — he likes tongue terrine, she drinks coffee with soy milk — which lends the whole production some wit. As with so many of its ilk, ? however, flipping through this handsome tome is a little like going to a party where everyone else is having a fabulous time, but no one ever speaks to you or passes the sangria. B
Spain...A Culinary Road TripThis fall's most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain...A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which...Spain...A Culinary Road TripTravel, NonfictionMario Batali, Gwyneth PaltrowThis fall's most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain...A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which...2008-10-01Ecco Press
Genre: Travel, Nonfiction; Author: Mario Batali, Gwyneth Paltrow; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted October 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take