This fall’s most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain…A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which corpulent chef Mario Batali and willowy actress Gwyneth Paltrow eat and drink their way across the Iberian Peninsula. Though dutifully stocked with tidbits of history, the book ? is dominated by glossy shots of the charismatic stars ?nibbling churros in postcard-perfect locations. Batali and Paltrow have a cute odd-couple rapport — he likes tongue terrine, she drinks coffee with soy milk — which lends the whole production some wit. As with so many of its ilk, ? however, flipping through this handsome tome is a little like going to a party where everyone else is having a fabulous time, but no one ever speaks to you or passes the sangria. B
Spain...A Culinary Road TripThis fall's most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain...A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which...Spain...A Culinary Road TripTravel, NonfictionMario Batali, Gwyneth PaltrowThis fall's most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain...A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which...2008-10-01Ecco Press
Genre: Travel, Nonfiction; Author: Mario Batali, Gwyneth Paltrow; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted October 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- What if Zack Snyder directed classic literature adaptations?
- Jim Gaffigan, Olivia Thirlby join political thriller 'Chappaquiddick'
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall