This fall’s most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain…A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which corpulent chef Mario Batali and willowy actress Gwyneth Paltrow eat and drink their way across the Iberian Peninsula. Though dutifully stocked with tidbits of history, the book ? is dominated by glossy shots of the charismatic stars ?nibbling churros in postcard-perfect locations. Batali and Paltrow have a cute odd-couple rapport — he likes tongue terrine, she drinks coffee with soy milk — which lends the whole production some wit. As with so many of its ilk, ? however, flipping through this handsome tome is a little like going to a party where everyone else is having a fabulous time, but no one ever speaks to you or passes the sangria. B
Spain...A Culinary Road TripThis fall's most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain...A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which...Spain...A Culinary Road TripTravel, NonfictionMario Batali, Gwyneth PaltrowThis fall's most luscious culinary fantasy is probably Spain...A Culinary Road Trip, the companion volume to the new PBS series in which...2008-10-01Ecco Press
Genre: Travel, Nonfiction; Author: Mario Batali, Gwyneth Paltrow; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted October 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!