You can feel the crackling creative current running through the new, third season ? of Dexter. Having abandoned all plotlines from Jeff Lindsay’s source novels and dispatched the tediously glowering Sergeant Doakes at the end of last season, the ? producers and murderous Miami police blood-spatter reader Dexter (a twinkly-eyed Michael C. Hall) slither into fresh territory. The results are exhilarating: In the premiere, our serial killer kills accidentally for the first time, which throws him into a moral tizzy. Meanwhile, his sister Debra (the enthusiastically profane Jennifer Carpenter) has temporarily forsworn booze and is bent on a promotion, which only increases her intensity. Add the pregnancy of Dex’s girlfriend (the glowing Julie Benz), and Jimmy Smits’ guest run as a sly relative of the deceased, and things are set up nicely for a season ?of Dexter at loose ends, pushed to extremes he never thought he’d reach. B+
DexterYou can feel the crackling creative current running through the new, third season ? of Dexter. Having abandoned all plotlines from Jeff...DexterDramaYou can feel the crackling creative current running through the new, third season ? of Dexter. Having abandoned all plotlines from Jeff...2008-10-03
Genre: Drama; Starring: Michael C. Hall; Broadcaster: Showtime Networks Inc.; Status: On Hiatus; Seasons: 5, 8
Posted October 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Tyrese Gibson on second anniversary of Paul Walker's death
- 'Scream Queens' star Niecy Nash talks Steve Nash, Barack Obama, and CVS coupons
- Keith Richards thinks 'Mick Jagger had nothing to say' on solo records
- See Will Ferrell attempt a disastrous half-court shot in 'Daddy's Home'
- Darren Aronofsky collaborates on Paris art installation on climate change
- Amazon is releasing the 'Transparent' season 2 premiere early
- Nicholas Brendon returning to 'The Dr. Phil Show'