You can feel the crackling creative current running through the new, third season ? of Dexter. Having abandoned all plotlines from Jeff Lindsay’s source novels and dispatched the tediously glowering Sergeant Doakes at the end of last season, the ? producers and murderous Miami police blood-spatter reader Dexter (a twinkly-eyed Michael C. Hall) slither into fresh territory. The results are exhilarating: In the premiere, our serial killer kills accidentally for the first time, which throws him into a moral tizzy. Meanwhile, his sister Debra (the enthusiastically profane Jennifer Carpenter) has temporarily forsworn booze and is bent on a promotion, which only increases her intensity. Add the pregnancy of Dex’s girlfriend (the glowing Julie Benz), and Jimmy Smits’ guest run as a sly relative of the deceased, and things are set up nicely for a season ?of Dexter at loose ends, pushed to extremes he never thought he’d reach. B+
DexterYou can feel the crackling creative current running through the new, third season ? of Dexter. Having abandoned all plotlines from Jeff...DexterDramaYou can feel the crackling creative current running through the new, third season ? of Dexter. Having abandoned all plotlines from Jeff...2008-10-03
Genre: Drama; Starring: Michael C. Hall; Broadcaster: Showtime Networks Inc.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!