In the tradition of Monk, The Mentalist, and, to an extent, Chuck, Eleventh Hour features a quirky genius (Dark City’s Rufus Sewell) and his sensible female handler (Marley Shelton), who solve mysteries. It’s a stale premise — and the drama does nothing to enliven the situation. Based on a British ITV series, this ?Jerry Bruckheimer drama feels more like a limp CSI spin-off, although Sewell, with his ominously handsome face and oddly grandfatherly voice, is a notch above. His superscientist Dr. Jacob Hood is summoned by the FBI on cases that involve…science. In the debut episode, it’s human cloning; in another, it’s boys suffering fatal heart attacks. But every case is filled with something you’ve seen before: hotheaded Southerners in coveralls; purry, evil older women; a? plotline from The Name of the Rose. It’s a procedural procedural. C?
Genre: Crime; Starring: Rufus Sewell, Marley Shelton; Series Premiere: 10/09/2008; Broadcaster: CBS; Status: In Season
Posted October 3 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Things look dark in trailer for Kristen Wiig's new movie 'Nasty Baby'
- Bill Murray earns his 20 percent in 'Rock the Kasbah' trailer
- Daniel Craig's go-to hangover cure is ...
- IFC postpones episode of 'Documentary Now!' in wake of WBDJ shooting
- Summit's new franchise hero? Julius Caesar
- 'The Walking Dead' star Lauren Cohan says season 6 is 'suffocating'
- How realistic was that 'Breaking Bad' machine gun scene?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!