Gag-loving farceur David Zucker (Airplane!) flings grenades and rubber chickens in An American Carol, a loony attack on wacko liberalism and a ding-dong defense of wacko conservatism. Only you can decide whether you’re in the mood to wade through the smear of stink jokes and political ravings. Zucker uses A Christmas Carol as a structure and the persona of baseball-capped filmmaker Michael Moore (Kevin Farley) as a Scrooge in need of political re-education (and deodorant); George S. Patton (Kelsey Grammer) helps him see the patriotic light. For veritas, Bill O'Reilly plays…a right-wing blowhard. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kevin P. Farley, Kelsey Grammer, Jon Voight; Director: David Zucker; Author: Myrna Sokoloff, David Zucker; Release Date Wide: 10/03/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Vivendi Universal
Posted October 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'