Gag-loving farceur David Zucker (Airplane!) flings grenades and rubber chickens in An American Carol, a loony attack on wacko liberalism and a ding-dong defense of wacko conservatism. Only you can decide whether you’re in the mood to wade through the smear of stink jokes and political ravings. Zucker uses A Christmas Carol as a structure and the persona of baseball-capped filmmaker Michael Moore (Kevin Farley) as a Scrooge in need of political re-education (and deodorant); George S. Patton (Kelsey Grammer) helps him see the patriotic light. For veritas, Bill O'Reilly plays…a right-wing blowhard. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kevin P. Farley, Kelsey Grammer, Jon Voight; Director: David Zucker; Author: Myrna Sokoloff, David Zucker; Release Date Wide: 10/03/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Vivendi Universal
Posted October 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel