Gag-loving farceur David Zucker (Airplane!) flings grenades and rubber chickens in An American Carol, a loony attack on wacko liberalism and a ding-dong defense of wacko conservatism. Only you can decide whether you’re in the mood to wade through the smear of stink jokes and political ravings. Zucker uses A Christmas Carol as a structure and the persona of baseball-capped filmmaker Michael Moore (Kevin Farley) as a Scrooge in need of political re-education (and deodorant); George S. Patton (Kelsey Grammer) helps him see the patriotic light. For veritas, Bill O'Reilly plays…a right-wing blowhard. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kevin P. Farley, Kelsey Grammer, Jon Voight; Director: David Zucker; Author: Myrna Sokoloff, David Zucker; Release Date Wide: 10/03/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Vivendi Universal
Posted October 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996