Gag-loving farceur David Zucker (Airplane!) flings grenades and rubber chickens in An American Carol, a loony attack on wacko liberalism and a ding-dong defense of wacko conservatism. Only you can decide whether you’re in the mood to wade through the smear of stink jokes and political ravings. Zucker uses A Christmas Carol as a structure and the persona of baseball-capped filmmaker Michael Moore (Kevin Farley) as a Scrooge in need of political re-education (and deodorant); George S. Patton (Kelsey Grammer) helps him see the patriotic light. For veritas, Bill O'Reilly plays…a right-wing blowhard. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kevin P. Farley, Kelsey Grammer, Jon Voight; Director: David Zucker; Author: Myrna Sokoloff, David Zucker; Release Date Wide: 10/03/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Vivendi Universal
Posted October 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast