Gag-loving farceur David Zucker (Airplane!) flings grenades and rubber chickens in An American Carol, a loony attack on wacko liberalism and a ding-dong defense of wacko conservatism. Only you can decide whether you’re in the mood to wade through the smear of stink jokes and political ravings. Zucker uses A Christmas Carol as a structure and the persona of baseball-capped filmmaker Michael Moore (Kevin Farley) as a Scrooge in need of political re-education (and deodorant); George S. Patton (Kelsey Grammer) helps him see the patriotic light. For veritas, Bill O'Reilly plays…a right-wing blowhard. C
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kevin P. Farley, Kelsey Grammer, Jon Voight; Director: David Zucker; Author: Myrna Sokoloff, David Zucker; Release Date Wide: 10/03/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Vivendi Universal
Posted October 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Idris Elba prepares a child soldier for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!