It’s hardly the most gracefully made indie on the block — more like a whole season of a sitcom crammed into one feature. But Breakfast With Scot deserves sympathetic attention, if only for the family-values specifics loaded into the story, and the way mildmannered stars Ben Shenkman (Angels in America) and Tom Cavanagh (Ed) embrace their instructional roles: They play a ”straight-style” gay couple (one’s a former hockey pro) who become the temporary guardians of an orphaned 11-year-old boy (Noah Bernett). Bad news for the low-profile duo: The kid’s a natural-born sissy. Good news from the National Hockey League: They like the movie. C+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Tom Cavanagh, Ben Shenkman, Colin Cunningham; Director: Laurie Lynd; Author: Sean Reycraft; Release Date Wide: 10/10/2008; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Regent Entertainment
Posted October 10 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!