We knew she could write. An Emmy proved she could act. But who knew Fey could tap-dance? SNL’s Sarah Palin doppel-?gänger captains the ultimate corporate show, embracing ? product placement and all things NBC, yet this season wielded subversive plotlines tackling the writers’ strike, the Iraq war, and the ”lame eagle” Bush presidency. In a commentary on ”Episode 210” (untitled due to the strike), Fey points out awkward silences where actors refused to ad-lib out of solidarity with strikers. Yet for all its carefully crafted humor, 30 Rock savors the inane, from Tracy Jordan’s hit tune ”Werewolf Bar Mitzvah” to cape-draped quack to the stars Dr. Spaceman (Chris Parnell). Unique extras, like a benefit at NYC’s Upright Citizens Brigade, compensate for the short season, confirming 30 Rock as ? TV’s most creative, and most diligent, sitcom. A?
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Tracy Morgan, Jane Krakowski; Broadcaster: NBC; Status: Pending; Seasons: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Posted October 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office: Office Christmas Party, Miss Sloane enter crowded slate
- Donald Trump remaining executive producer on new 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger to appear on NBC's New Year's Eve special
- John Glenn honored by 'Hidden Figures' actor who plays him
- Writers Guild blasts Trump for slamming union leader over Carrier deal
- A former RuPaul's Drag Race contestant just made Academy Award history
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' star Matt Letscher teases Legion of Doom's debut
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes