In this misbegotten sequel, The Widows of Eastwick, the once-saucy witches of John Updike’s 1984 fantasy return to the scene of their mischief — but now they’re senior citizens with weak bladders and receding gums. (Fear not: The Updikean sex scenes transpire in flashback.) There are some wonderful passages here, but they get lost in the rambling, untidy plot. The magic is definitely gone. C+
The Widows of EastwickIn this misbegotten sequel, The Widows of Eastwick, the once-saucy witches of John Updike's 1984 fantasy return to the scene of their...The Widows of EastwickFictionJohn UpdikeIn this misbegotten sequel, The Widows of Eastwick, the once-saucy witches of John Updike's 1984 fantasy return to the scene of their...2008-10-15Knopf
Genre: Fiction; Author: John Updike; Publisher: Knopf
Posted October 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!