In this misbegotten sequel, The Widows of Eastwick, the once-saucy witches of John Updike’s 1984 fantasy return to the scene of their mischief — but now they’re senior citizens with weak bladders and receding gums. (Fear not: The Updikean sex scenes transpire in flashback.) There are some wonderful passages here, but they get lost in the rambling, untidy plot. The magic is definitely gone. C+
The Widows of EastwickIn this misbegotten sequel, The Widows of Eastwick, the once-saucy witches of John Updike's 1984 fantasy return to the scene of their...The Widows of EastwickFictionJohn UpdikeIn this misbegotten sequel, The Widows of Eastwick, the once-saucy witches of John Updike's 1984 fantasy return to the scene of their...2008-10-15Knopf
Genre: Fiction; Author: John Updike; Publisher: Knopf
Posted October 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!