In this remake of the 2007 Spanish horror movie REC, a TV reporter (Jennifer Carpenter) accompanies firefighters on a routine nighttime call. They are soon surrounded by, or turn into, hungry-for-human-flesh plague victims. Quarantine director John Erick Dowdle and co-writing brother Drew wisely stick close to the told-from-the-cameraman’s point-of-view template of the terrific original, though they add a few fine flourishes. For instance, we discover that while the camera may not lie, it can make a virus-ridden zombie lie down — if you bludgeon a fiend in the face with it enough times. B+
Genre: Horror; Starring: Jennifer Carpenter, Steve Harris; Director: John Erick Dowdle; Author: Drew Dowdle, John Erick Dowdle; Release Date Wide: 10/10/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony BMG
Posted October 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'