Britney Spears is back with a video for ”Womanizer,” the first single from her next CD, Circus (out Dec. 2). The good news: It’s not a hot mess. But is it the beginning of an honest-to-God comeback? It looks promising. Given all her personal and professional missteps, Britney has a lot to atone for, and that’s going to take more than one good clip. At least ”Womanizer” hints she’s leaving behind the splotchy, Frappuccino-guzzling train wreck who dominated headlines for so long. The dancing is stiff and minimal, a disappointment since her moves are her strong suit. But this is a welcome return to the Britney we love — gorgeous, gyrating, greased up, and gamely playing the vamp. It’s a good start. And besides, if we could pardon Mariah for Glitter…well, anything’s possible, right?
Posted October 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- One Direction address Zayn Malik's exit: 'It's far from over'
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!