Britney Spears is back with a video for ”Womanizer,” the first single from her next CD, Circus (out Dec. 2). The good news: It’s not a hot mess. But is it the beginning of an honest-to-God comeback? It looks promising. Given all her personal and professional missteps, Britney has a lot to atone for, and that’s going to take more than one good clip. At least ”Womanizer” hints she’s leaving behind the splotchy, Frappuccino-guzzling train wreck who dominated headlines for so long. The dancing is stiff and minimal, a disappointment since her moves are her strong suit. But this is a welcome return to the Britney we love — gorgeous, gyrating, greased up, and gamely playing the vamp. It’s a good start. And besides, if we could pardon Mariah for Glitter…well, anything’s possible, right?
Posted October 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!