Britney Spears is back with a video for ”Womanizer,” the first single from her next CD, Circus (out Dec. 2). The good news: It’s not a hot mess. But is it the beginning of an honest-to-God comeback? It looks promising. Given all her personal and professional missteps, Britney has a lot to atone for, and that’s going to take more than one good clip. At least ”Womanizer” hints she’s leaving behind the splotchy, Frappuccino-guzzling train wreck who dominated headlines for so long. The dancing is stiff and minimal, a disappointment since her moves are her strong suit. But this is a welcome return to the Britney we love — gorgeous, gyrating, greased up, and gamely playing the vamp. It’s a good start. And besides, if we could pardon Mariah for Glitter…well, anything’s possible, right?
Posted October 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!