George Lucas (pictured), who insists on a constant entourage of Stormtroopers, accepted a lifetime award in Los Angeles on Saturday during the taping of Spike TV’s 2008 Scream Awards, which the net will air tonight from 9-11 p.m. The Screams, which began three years ago as a general horror roundup, have expanded to include comic book and fantasy films, enabling Christopher Nolan and The Dark Knight to naturally share a stage with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola (notes L.A. Times writer Geoff Boucher). Basically, think of the Screams as the awards show for movies everyone sees. If you can’t fit the show in this evening thanks to your ultimate Tuesday night roster of Privileged and Eli Stone (kidding!), you can check out the winners list (including Most Memorable Mutilation), here.
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!