George Lucas (pictured), who insists on a constant entourage of Stormtroopers, accepted a lifetime award in Los Angeles on Saturday during the taping of Spike TV’s 2008 Scream Awards, which the net will air tonight from 9-11 p.m. The Screams, which began three years ago as a general horror roundup, have expanded to include comic book and fantasy films, enabling Christopher Nolan and The Dark Knight to naturally share a stage with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola (notes L.A. Times writer Geoff Boucher). Basically, think of the Screams as the awards show for movies everyone sees. If you can’t fit the show in this evening thanks to your ultimate Tuesday night roster of Privileged and Eli Stone (kidding!), you can check out the winners list (including Most Memorable Mutilation), here.
- Marvel teases 'Ant-Man' in fake news report
- Harper Lee's 'Go Set a Watchman' might have discovered earlier than reported
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season finale
- Here are the TV marathons you can binge this Fourth of July weekend
- 'Star Wars' comic sets up 'Force Awakens'
- In this week's EW: 'Unbreakable' — An Oral History
- 'Empire' recurring role for Marisa Tomei