George Lucas (pictured), who insists on a constant entourage of Stormtroopers, accepted a lifetime award in Los Angeles on Saturday during the taping of Spike TV’s 2008 Scream Awards, which the net will air tonight from 9-11 p.m. The Screams, which began three years ago as a general horror roundup, have expanded to include comic book and fantasy films, enabling Christopher Nolan and The Dark Knight to naturally share a stage with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola (notes L.A. Times writer Geoff Boucher). Basically, think of the Screams as the awards show for movies everyone sees. If you can’t fit the show in this evening thanks to your ultimate Tuesday night roster of Privileged and Eli Stone (kidding!), you can check out the winners list (including Most Memorable Mutilation), here.
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars' queens react to BIG twist — exclusive
- Honest Trailers journeys into 'The Jungle Book'
- Amy Schumer discusses sexual assault in new Howard Stern interview
- Garth Brooks calls for aid in Louisiana
- Robert Durst movie in the works at Lifetime
- Showtime to air Martin Lawrence's first stand-up special in 14 years
- Jeff Nichols' 'Loving' to open Austin Film Festival