Norton stars as the big green guy in the least interesting of this summer’s superhero blowouts; he also rewrote much of The Incredible Hulk script and famously squabbled with Universal over the final cut. Several intimate, well-acted deleted scenes — among this three-disc edition’s EXTRAS — reveal what the movie might have been, had Norton gotten his way: In the studio’s decision to showcase boom over brain, it’s The Hulk’s humanity that got smashed. C+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, William Hurt, Tim Roth; Director: Louis Leterrier; Author: Edward Norton, Zak Penn; Release Date Wide: 06/13/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted October 22 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!