Skepticism (would they be crappy?) was quickly crushed by pure nerd joy (of course they wouldn’t!) over the arrival of four never-released episodes of the cult TV show in which a very motley crew heckles bad movies. To speak MSTie: None reaches the heady realms of ”Manos: The Hands of Fate,” but two entries are at the next best level of, say, ”Mitchell” or the unsung ”Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders.” The set’s ”Werewolf” (with Joe Estevez and a “”gorilla with a dog mask on”) and ”Future War” (starring cyborgs, dinosaurs, and an ex-hooker nun) mark the best of Mystery Science Theater 3000. The movies are so curiously horrible as to beg an oral history, and the jeering nails their unique lameness. Warning: Joel appears in only one show, and it’s the weakest. But weak MST3K is still sterling TV. A-
Mystery Science Theater 3000Skepticism (would they be crappy?) was quickly crushed by pure nerd joy (of course they wouldn't!) over the arrival of four never-released episodes of the...Mystery Science Theater 3000Skepticism (would they be crappy?) was quickly crushed by pure nerd joy (of course they wouldn't!) over the arrival of four never-released episodes of the...2008-10-22
Starring: Mike Nelson
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!