Eric Rohmer and Jean-Luc Godard are among the directors who pitched in for this anthology, which packs nearly every bad New Wave stereotype — pompous dialogue, plot-phobic storytelling, etc. — into its slim run time. Though each of the neighborhood-themed pieces is uniquely odd in Six in Paris, there seems to be a common theme: Mid-’60s Paris was no place for a young woman. You’d likely be hounded by lotharios, duped by a nude model, or brained in a freak accident. But there is a glimmer of hope à la française. Those who survive might eventually become charming prostitutes, like the one played by the lovely Micheline Dax. C+
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy, Drama; Starring: Claude Chabrol, Stephane Audran, Jean-Pierre Andreani; Director: Claude Chabrol, Jean Douchet; Author: Claude Chabrol, Jean Douchet; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted October 22 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Rogue One' creatures highlighted in behind-the-scenes video
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- 'The Walking Dead': Chandler Riggs on Carl's biggest episode ever
- Juliette Lewis talks explosive 'Secrets and Lies' finale
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big