If not for the eerie music, it’d be easy to mistake much of this schizy thriller for a romantic comedy with a serious case of the blahs. The trouble starts and ends with the rickety script, in which a therapist (Anne Hathaway) uncovers suspicious details about a plane crash while falling for its hunkiest survivor (Patrick Wilson, occasionally clothed). The actors make a noble effort, but Passengers turns out to be just another dud in the genre of revisionist mysteries that have been messing with our heads since Haley Joel Osment saw dead people. Only this time, the big reveal doesn’t so much twist the plot as snap its neck. C
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Anne Hathaway, Patrick Wilson, Clea DuVall, David Morse; Director: Rodrigo Garcia; Author: Ronnie Christensen; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: TriStar Pictures
Posted October 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The MTV VMAs winners list for 2015
- Billy Ray Cyrus is live-tweeting the VMAs
- Here's how Miley Cyrus arrived on the MTV VMAs red carpet
- Taylor Swift brought her 'Bad Blood' squad to the VMAs red carpet
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!