Saw V is dead on the table. The franchise, a gross-but-intermittently-clever blechfest that went totally splat about midway through Saw III, now just piles on the graphic torture sequences, but by now every twist of the stomach and the plot feels telegrammed. Even though he ”died” two movies ago, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) returns, as the saga’s storyline snakes around itself in ever more laughable circles, just to keep generating sequels. Meanwhile, the production values have become so horror-movie shoddy that Saw V has more in common with kitsch like Friday the 13th Part V than the original Saw. C?
Genre: Horror; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell; Director: David Hackl; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cher and James Corden update 'I Got You Babe' with modern lingo
- Mass Internet hack the butt of 'Black Mirror' viral marketing jokes
- Critical Mass: 'Moonlight' shines as one of the 2016's best-reviewed films
- 'Timeless': Ian Fleming channels James Bond, meets trio — exclusive clip
- Christian Slater channeled his inner Ethel Merman for 'King Cobra'
- Lady Gaga: 'Joanne' sealed my Super Bowl halftime show deal
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' video reveals first look at Citizen Steel