Saw V is dead on the table. The franchise, a gross-but-intermittently-clever blechfest that went totally splat about midway through Saw III, now just piles on the graphic torture sequences, but by now every twist of the stomach and the plot feels telegrammed. Even though he ”died” two movies ago, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) returns, as the saga’s storyline snakes around itself in ever more laughable circles, just to keep generating sequels. Meanwhile, the production values have become so horror-movie shoddy that Saw V has more in common with kitsch like Friday the 13th Part V than the original Saw. C?
Genre: Horror; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell; Director: David Hackl; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Logan' image teases Dafne Keen as mutant X-23
- Nobel academy member calls Bob Dylan 'impolite and arrogant'
- Christian Slater on relating to his 'King Cobra' role
- Why 'Trick 'r Treat' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder celebrates pennant victory with Chicago Cubs
- Kanye West won't go to the Grammys if Frank Ocean's not nominated
- 'Doctor Strange' reviews: Here's what the critics think