Saw V is dead on the table. The franchise, a gross-but-intermittently-clever blechfest that went totally splat about midway through Saw III, now just piles on the graphic torture sequences, but by now every twist of the stomach and the plot feels telegrammed. Even though he ”died” two movies ago, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) returns, as the saga’s storyline snakes around itself in ever more laughable circles, just to keep generating sequels. Meanwhile, the production values have become so horror-movie shoddy that Saw V has more in common with kitsch like Friday the 13th Part V than the original Saw. C?
Genre: Horror; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell; Director: David Hackl; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'AGT': Grace VanderWaal continues to shine with 'Light the Sky'
- Ed Sheeran and Snow Patrol make surprise wedding performance
- It's Black Panther vs. Black Widow in deleted scene from 'Civil War'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Arizona's getting a new love interest!
- Gabby Douglas reveals she had a cyst removed in her mouth
- Demi Lovato goes undercover as a Lyft driver to surprise fans
- 'The Office': Mindy Kaling imagines Michael Scott's take on Ryan Lochte