Saw V is dead on the table. The franchise, a gross-but-intermittently-clever blechfest that went totally splat about midway through Saw III, now just piles on the graphic torture sequences, but by now every twist of the stomach and the plot feels telegrammed. Even though he ”died” two movies ago, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) returns, as the saga’s storyline snakes around itself in ever more laughable circles, just to keep generating sequels. Meanwhile, the production values have become so horror-movie shoddy that Saw V has more in common with kitsch like Friday the 13th Part V than the original Saw. C?
Genre: Horror; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell; Director: David Hackl; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!