Saw V is dead on the table. The franchise, a gross-but-intermittently-clever blechfest that went totally splat about midway through Saw III, now just piles on the graphic torture sequences, but by now every twist of the stomach and the plot feels telegrammed. Even though he ”died” two movies ago, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) returns, as the saga’s storyline snakes around itself in ever more laughable circles, just to keep generating sequels. Meanwhile, the production values have become so horror-movie shoddy that Saw V has more in common with kitsch like Friday the 13th Part V than the original Saw. C?
Genre: Horror; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell; Director: David Hackl; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Josh Charles joins Masters of Sex in major role
- Exclusive 'Finding Carter' trailer: Carter hooks up with ... Max?
- 'Mr. Sloane' creator talks about his Nick Frost sitcom and the future of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
- U2 puts on surprise performance on New York subway platform
- Sex workers featured on A&E's '8 Minutes' say network failed to offer help, privacy
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' preview clip: Your verdict on the judges?
- 'Conan' is going to Comic-Con
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!