Saw V is dead on the table. The franchise, a gross-but-intermittently-clever blechfest that went totally splat about midway through Saw III, now just piles on the graphic torture sequences, but by now every twist of the stomach and the plot feels telegrammed. Even though he ”died” two movies ago, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) returns, as the saga’s storyline snakes around itself in ever more laughable circles, just to keep generating sequels. Meanwhile, the production values have become so horror-movie shoddy that Saw V has more in common with kitsch like Friday the 13th Part V than the original Saw. C?
Genre: Horror; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell; Director: David Hackl; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!