Saw V is dead on the table. The franchise, a gross-but-intermittently-clever blechfest that went totally splat about midway through Saw III, now just piles on the graphic torture sequences, but by now every twist of the stomach and the plot feels telegrammed. Even though he ”died” two movies ago, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) returns, as the saga’s storyline snakes around itself in ever more laughable circles, just to keep generating sequels. Meanwhile, the production values have become so horror-movie shoddy that Saw V has more in common with kitsch like Friday the 13th Part V than the original Saw. C?
Genre: Horror; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell; Director: David Hackl; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert brings Hungry for Power Games to the DNC
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Metallica to play Global Citizens Festival
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels