Saw V is dead on the table. The franchise, a gross-but-intermittently-clever blechfest that went totally splat about midway through Saw III, now just piles on the graphic torture sequences, but by now every twist of the stomach and the plot feels telegrammed. Even though he ”died” two movies ago, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) returns, as the saga’s storyline snakes around itself in ever more laughable circles, just to keep generating sequels. Meanwhile, the production values have become so horror-movie shoddy that Saw V has more in common with kitsch like Friday the 13th Part V than the original Saw. C?
Genre: Horror; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell; Director: David Hackl; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The 10 most-promising 'Voice' contestants
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist
- See Jay Leno 'tag in' for Jimmy Fallon during 'Tonight Show' monologue