Saw V is dead on the table. The franchise, a gross-but-intermittently-clever blechfest that went totally splat about midway through Saw III, now just piles on the graphic torture sequences, but by now every twist of the stomach and the plot feels telegrammed. Even though he ”died” two movies ago, Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) returns, as the saga’s storyline snakes around itself in ever more laughable circles, just to keep generating sequels. Meanwhile, the production values have become so horror-movie shoddy that Saw V has more in common with kitsch like Friday the 13th Part V than the original Saw. C?
Genre: Horror; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell; Director: David Hackl; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 10/24/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 24 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Actor Judge Reinhold arrested in Texas on disorderly conduct charge
- Andy Grammer's emotional 'Fresh Eyes' video focuses on homelessness
- Box office: Office Christmas Party, Miss Sloane enter crowded slate
- Donald Trump remaining executive producer on new 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger to appear on NBC's New Year's Eve special
- John Glenn honored by 'Hidden Figures' actor who plays him
- Writers Guild blasts Trump for slamming union leader over Carrier deal
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes